|| Give me a reason not to turn around and walk away now ||

Credit: Pennywise-fucker on Tumblr
Pairing: Victor x Reader

Y/N crossed her arms as she watched her boyfriend, Vic, very openly flirting with a very interested-looking girl in the hallway. If she were crazy, she would've gone over there to make a scene, but she knew better. Vic was one of the more level-headed of the bowers gang, but he still didn't like being called out in public. He wasn't going to let a girl boss him around, no matter how loving he was behind closed doors.

She took a deep breath, calming herself as she slowly moved towards him, trying to keep her composure looking collected. As she approached the two, she wrapped her arms around Vic's arm and kissed his cheek, "Hey babe", she said sweetly before shooting a smile towards the girl, who now looked insanely uncomfortable. Vic looked annoyed, but didn't say anything as the girl picked up her bag, "I'll see you around", she said as she hurried off.

Vic turned towards Y/N, the annoyed expression still plastered across his face, "What the hell was that?", he shot, pulling his arm away from her. She glared at him, crossing her arms, "What do you think it was? What, we less of a thing now suddenly?", she practically spat, finding herself in a state of pure disbelief at his reaction to her handling things without doing anything to emasculate him. He ran his hand through his hair and sighed, "Look, it was harmless. Besides, it's not like I was groping her or anything", he said with a shrug, looking less annoyed now, which only made Y/N angrier. "Seriously? You think flirting with a girl who obviously wants you is harmless? And what does it do for you? Make you look better to the guys?", she asked, not bothering to hide any of her anger now. He just looked so calm about what he was doing, despite the fact he would've snapped if he had seen her doing something like that.

Vic rolled his eyes and gave her an expression that screamed 'you're overreacting'. "You know who you're dating", he said but didn't continue the statement, as if that were enough of an explanation. Y/N stared wide-eyed at him, wondering if he had any idea how ridiculous he sounded. She figured not, but she wasn't going to hide the fact she thought so. "And? Does that mean I can throw myself at every guy who walks by? I get to stand around and lead guys on?", she pressed, her voice beginning to raise now. "Quiet down. That's different. No one's expecting that from you. Everyone knows you're mine", he argued. Y/N just shook her head, "Fuck. That.", she spat, then began to turn around, but was grabbed by Vic, "No fucking way. I didn't do anything wrong. You're still the only girl I'm fucking", he defended, keeping his eyes intent on hers as he let go of her arm. She crossed her arms, " Give me a reason not to turn around and walk away now then. One single legitimate reason other than you thinking you did nothing wrong, even though if I did the same, you'd be the one all over me and threatening a guy", Y/N challenged, noticing a real look o confusion on Vic's face now. "So, what? You want me to tell you I'm not gonna do it anymore? You want me to admit I wouldn't let you do it? What?", he asked, and she just stared at him. "You know what? Yes. But I want you to admit that it's not harmless. Admit that you'd think I was fucking around if I were doing that", she shot back, still not believing he hadn't got it. He was such a smart guy, but clearly that was a subject that just escaped him.

Vic took a breath, "It's harmless because I wasn't gonna do anything with her", he spoke slowly, calmly. "And you think I would?", she asked, watching as he looked around and shook his head, "It's different", he said again, but before she could respond, he spoke up again, "Look, if I tell you I'm gonna stop flirting, can we stop arguing?", he sighed and rubbed his forehead. "Are you actually going to stop doing it?", she started, "because that's what I'm looking for", she needed him to get the point, not just stop with the fighting. "Yes. Okay, yes. If it stops all of this, I will", he said as he threw his hands up in the air, then stared over at her. "Fine", she huffed and readjusted her bag on her shoulder, then began to turn around, but was stopped by Vic once again. She looked at him confused, and he kissed her. It was soft, definitely sweeter than she would've expected after all of that. She couldn't hide her smile as he pulled back, and he grinned at her, wrapping his arm around her as he began pulling her with him, "Come on, let's get out of here", he said as they headed down the hallway.