Chapter 16

Emilie's POV

I walk through the school's hallway. I arrive at my locker, I open it and place my stuff in it, and only get my first period's stuff.

I enter my biology class and sit in the far end. I look out from the window next to me. I feel someone's present next to me, so I turn to my right to come face to face with Aiden.

As a reaction, I blush.

"hey" Aiden greets me. "hi" I say shyly.

From what happened at the lake few days ago, you know our almost kiss, and when the stupid me kissed him on the cheek, I can't help but blush.

The bell rings and the students fill the classroom. Seconds later, the teacher comes in and my attention is snapped to the lesson.

*___*

I walk to the back of the school. Sure, it's the second semester, but I hate going to the Cafeteria.

I sit down on the bench, this time no notebook with me.

I just think.

After what happened at the lake, I realized that I freaking like Aiden King.

I mean I should have figured it out sooner, but I'm just an oblivious person, I guess.

"Emilie, Emilie, Emilie" I hear a deep, playful voice and I turn to find Chase, Mason an Aiden there.

"hey" I say to the guys, they come and sit with me.

"well, what are you doing here, Umbridge?" Chase says making my jaw fall open.

"do I look like Umbridge? Do you see me wearing pink all over me?" I ask him, he's referring to me as Umbridge from Harry Potter.

He chuckles, "nah, just wanted to see your reaction. No need to get all cranky" Chase jokes

I scoff "well she's a bitch so I obviously would act that way " I say in a 'duh' voice.

The guys look surprised for some reason.

"Didn't see you as the swearing type" Mason comments. Oh, that's way.

I shrug "I mean I don't swear a lot, but oh well"

"what are you guys doing here anyway?" I blur out.

"ouch, no need to seem so excited about our company" Chase says sarcastically.

I roll my eyes at him, "it has nothing to do with that. I just never seen you guys here before"

Chase shrugs, "saw Aiden coming here, so we came here knowing you'll be here. I mean, I haven't seen you in a loooooong time " Chase exaggerates

I smile, shaking my head "your dumb" I say.

"hey Emilie?" Mason calls me.

I turn to him "mhm"

"are you any good in calculous?" Mason asks

I nod "yeah, why?"

"because he's failing calculous" Aiden speak, making me look at him.

I look away immediately as soon as our eyes meet.

"hey, I'm not failing" Mason glares at Aiden, who rolls his eyes.

"but I do need some help" Mason confess.

I chuckle "sure, I can help. Just tell me when"

Mason's eyes lit up "really? That's great. Though I need your number" he says, lifting his phone to me.