chapter 5

Emilie's POV

Ughh why can't I remember who is he? I look at him, his blonde hair, his familiar blue eyes, even his smile looks familiar. He looks at me, and the next words he says, shocked me.

" I am, Austin Andrews as in your brother" he says. I look at him, eyes wide, mouth hang open, and just stare like an idiot.

Your brother.

Your brother.

Austin Andrews.

That's why he looks familiar, god. Tears build up in my eyes, I try to push them away, but regardless one falls, then the other. Austin stands up from his seat and takes the seat next to me. He throws his arms around me, and I don't hesitate to throw mine around him. I burry my head in his chest. My brother. My brother. The words keep repeating in my head.

After a while, I calmed down and looked at Austin, my brother. I have hundreds of questions in my head "how? Why? When? How did you..., Ughh" I groan in frustration, I couldn't even form a sentence. Austin beside me chuckles at my frustrating state. I glare at him, and he stops, but still has a smile on his face.

"maybe we can walk to the park, I assume you have a lot of questions?" Austin suggests. I nod but then I remember "what about my car?" I ask him. He shakes his head "we'll use your car to go to the park, since a friend of mine is borrowing my car" he explains. I nod and we both head to my car. I open my car and just as I was about to enter, I look at Austin to find him staring, at my car. With shock. After a couple of seconds, I clear my throat, Austin looks at me "this. Is your car?" he is shocked? Hell yeah. I look at my car again. "Yeah, it is" I mumble. I don't like it, because dad gave it to me, but I didn't own a car, and I need a way to go to school, and no way in hell am I using the bus.

" I get you don't like the car, why?" Austin asks. I shake my head "let's got to the park I will explain there" I say, and get in the car, Austin sits shotgun.

Minutes later we both sit on the grass. It isn't the dirty kind of grass, but not really clean either. I sigh "first of all, how do I know you're my brother, no offense I do remember you but I'm just a little...... shocked" I start.

He looks at me with a smile, then lift his blue sweater off his wrist and show it to me. Birth mark. We both have birth marks. I lift my own wrist next to his. I smile. Yup, he's definitely my big brother. Wait! How old is he? "how old are you?" I voice my thoughts. "I'm twenty-five turning twenty-six soon" he says. I nod my head "you're seventeen, correct?" he says. "yeah, turning eighteen pretty soon" I reply. We stay silent for a moment. "why" I pause hesitatingly "why didn't mom and dad bring you up in any conversation? They didn't even tell me I had a brother; I mean I guess you left when I was still a kid." I complete. I hear him sigh, then take a breath before opening his mouth and start talking "I moved when I was almost seventeen because Mom and dad didn't approve of me being... being uhh" he scratch his neck nervously "because I am gay" he finish stay silent for a moment before speaking "that's it? Because you are gay". He looks at me biting his lips, then nods "yea, when I told them they uh freaked out and told me that, that" he couldn't complete, because his voice broke and his eyes filled with tears.

I am angry. Beyond angry. At my mother. At my father. Hell, even at myself. I throw my arms around Austin and he gladly accept it, hugging me back. "I'm sorry" Austin says after we pull away from the hug. I look at him confused "about what?" I ask, wondering why he is apologizing. "I'm sorry about not calling you ever, or about the-" I cut him off with another hug, "don't apologize, it isn't your fault Austin. Mom and dad should have told me, it's so unfair for both of us, especially you Austin" I say playing with the end of my shirt. I lift my chin to look at him. He's smiling sadly at me "thank you, I thought you would... I don't know... react like mom and dad did when I told them" he says honestly. I shake my head "I don't care what your sexuality is Austin, in fact I do support you" I say honestly.

*___*

I lock my car, and head in the house. I spent the last two hours with Austin, he told me about him, things of course I had no idea of. I am still angry at mom and dad, epically mom. I mean dad and I don't talk anymore, so I have nothing to do with him my entire life. Mom on the other hand, I always had a good relationship with my mother, and still do. But how could she not mention Austin ever to me.

I open the front door and head straight to my room, without checking if mom is still at work.

After I changed into black sweatpants, and a white t-shirt I sit on my bed and decided to watch Netflix. I was just going through the list of what to watch when my phone makes a sound. I have a massage. I take my phone from my night stand. Austin. Austin and I exchanged numbers too.

Goodnight Emilie, see you sometime soon?

I smile as I read his text and reply quickly

Goodnight Austin, and yes of course we will.

And by that I keep on watching friends, on Netflix for the rest of the night, before falling asleep half way through the episode.