chapter 19

Aiden's POV

( same day as the whole Chase thing, just from the beginning )

While getting dressed, it's like a huge snowball has been thrown at me. Not literally, but metaphorically.

It's Monday. Meaning, Emilie. Who's the girl a kissed. And the girl who I haven't talked to all weekend, because I'm a wuss.

I climb down the stairs, entering the kitchen. I see Jess and mom. Having breakfast, Dad probably already gone to work.

"good morning" I greet them as I enter.

Jess looks at me smiling "buenos días, Aiden ( good morning, Aiden)"

I raise an eyebrow, looking at mom, who shrugs shaking her head slightly "spoke a little Spanish on the phone today with one of my friends, Jess here heard and asked me what good morning means in Spanish" mom explains.

I nod. I'm way to nervous to eat, so I kiss mom on the cheek, and playfully mess Jess's hair, which she scowled at me for doing. And I chuckled.

The drive to school was filled with anxiety and nervousness. Gosh, I sound like a puss.

I park my car in the school's parking lot. I get out of the car. I search for a familiar, brown haired girl. Yes, Emilie. I spot her in the middle of the parking lot, but I freeze when I see a guy talking to her.

He has light blonde hair and is a couple inches taller than Emilie. He hands her a binder; I can see since I'm pretty close. I can't hear but I can see clearly. He says a couple of words, she replies. Then he hugs her. He freaking hugged her!

Who is he? I mean he isn't a student here, since he goes back to his car. Either way he looks older than a student, maybe he's in college? I don't know.

When I look back at Emilie, she's smiling at him before heading in.

I get to my senses and enter the hallway, feeling confused. Are they together, or something? I mean if they are, she wouldn't have kissed me, right?

I shake my head and enter first period.

The bell rings and students fill the classroom. I keep my eyes focused on the door, waiting for Emilie. I know Chase is talking to her, since I asked him to, but what's taking him so long.

The door opens and in walks Emilie, and out my heart's beating. She scans for an empty chair, but the only empty one, is the one next to mine.

I watch her walk to me, without looking at me. She sits next to me and I don't know if I should greet her or not.

Will it be awkward?

But I don't have to do anything since Emilie turns to me, looking at me with her wide, blue eyes.

"hey" she says shyly.

"hey" I say back, then that's it. The teacher enters and the lesson starts.

*___*

The bell rings and it's lunch. I immediately hurry to my locker, wanting to find out if Chase got her answer. I see Chase by my locker, so I hurry to him.

"well?" I ask as soon as I approach him.

"oh, hey Aiden! my best friend in this whole world" by Chase's tone I know something is wrong.

"what happened? She said she hated it, right? Of course, she would, I mean-" but I was cut off by Chase.

"I didn't really get an answer" he says slowly.

I look at him confuse, "what do you mean?"

And so, he explains, how he screwed up.

"Jesus Chase" I sigh.

"I think you should talk to her. Now. Go to the back of the school and talk to her" Chase says like it's an easy thing, which is not.

"easier said than done" I mumble. Chase shakes. His head" just go"

_

"hey" I say to Emilie as I sit down, this time next to her instead of in front of her.

"hi" she says, looking at me beside her.

You can do this Aiden, you can

"we uh need to talk" I say slowly. Her eyes go wide for a second but then she nods.

"yea, we do." She agrees.

I play with my fingers as I speak "uh you see umm" I clear my throat awkwardly.

"who was that guy who hugged you today in the parking lot?" I blur out, not meaning this question to come out but it did.

I look at her, waiting for her to respond.

She sighs. "he's my brother" I look up at her in surprise.

"you never mentioned you have a brother"

So, she explains to me, everything. About him being gay , etc.

"wow" I say. Then an uncomfortable silence takes over us.

Man up, Aiden and say it. Come on.

"hey uh Emilie?" I say hesitantly

"yeah?" she looks at me from under her eyelashes.

Instead of speaking, I lean in my hand on her waist taking her by surprise as I press my lips to hers.

I thought kissing someone for the first time is the only time you feel giddy and firework, etc. But hell, was I completely wrong, it's still like the first time, hell even better.

I move my lips against hers, slowly. She responds quickly, putting her arms around my neck. She kisses me back and I deepen the kiss.

I pull back breathless. I rest my forehead against her own.

"I really, really like you Em" I breath out. Finally, the words out of my mouth.

I slowly open my eyes, to be met with beautiful blue ones.

She doesn't say anything for a moment, and I think maybe she doesn't feel the same, but then she speaks.

"I really, really like you Aiden, tanto (So much)" she says, her cheeks red and her lips swell.

I pull back, smiling at her

"really?" I ask, not believing this. She nods, "yeah"

We smile at each other like crazy people, but I don't mind.

We're crazy and not normal but I don't care as long as I'm with her.

We hear someone cheering, Emilie and I look at the place the sound is coming from. I see Mason and Chase standing behind us, grinning from ear to ear.

"well finally. Took you guys so long" Chase says dramatically.

I roll my eyes at them as they come and sit on the seats across us.

"how long have you guys been there?" I ask.

Mason shrugs "like forever. You couldn't just man up and tell her"

I glare at Mason, so much for a friend.

"but that doesn't mean you guys hang out all the time, I still need help in calculous" Mason points at Emilie and I. we both blush