Chapter 8

Emilie's POV

My phones rings, and I groan closing the book that I just started reading. I reach over my phone from my desk, checking the ID, it's Austin. I smile and answer the call.

"hey, Austin" I say

"hey, Emilie. Sorry for not picking you up form school yesterday."

"it's alright, don't stress about it"

"okay, if you say so. I was wondering if you wanted to go and have lunch together, if you haven't already."

"yeah alright"

"I'll pick you up in ten minutes?"

"okay see you" I say then hung up.

I've been reading the whole day, yes this is how I spend my Saturday morning. I'm still in my PJs so I change into a grey shirt with black jeans and tie my hair in a ponytail. I head downstairs. Mom is sitting on a stool in the kitchen. She just came back yesterday, if you don't remember; my mom was in a business trip last week. I haven't talk to her about Austin yet, I guess I am kind of scared, I don't know why though. "hey" I say

Mom turns to me "hey, slept well?"

I nod "yeah." My phone rings. It's Austin.

I look up to mom "I'll see you later" I say. Mom looks at me confused "you're going out?"

"yeah with some friend" it's not really a lie, since Austin is my brother. She nods her head.

"hi" I say as I head to Austin's car. He gives me a quick hug before opening the car for me. I smile at him and enter.

*__*

Ten minutes later we are sitting in this nice restaurant, which serves Italian food. "so, how's school?" Austin asks from across of me. "it's going good" I reply. School's been good, except for the whole lunch thing. I kind of don't want to go to the cafeteria, but it's not like I will spend the rest of the year sitting in the back of the school. "what about you?" I asks, since I don't really know if he's still in college or graduated.

"here's your food" the waiter sets our food in front of us. Both Austin and I order Pasta.

"I am actually a writer" Austin say after the waiter goes. To say I am surprised is and understandment. "you are" I pause "that's awesome, I love reading"

Austin smiles, "you love reading?"

I nod "yea, maybe I can read one of your books. Did you publish any?"

"I did, but I used my middle name instead and a different last name" he says taking a sip from his drink.

"oh, what kind of books do you write?" I ask taking a bit from my pasta. It's good

"I usually right fiction. Have you read a book called 'universe'" Austin asks me.(A/n: there isn't a real book called that btw I just made it up)

I nod " yea, it was a really good book, especially that the author wrote some facts between each chapter, about the universe"

"I knew that would be good to add them" Austin says. My eyes go wide "you wrote the book!"

"yup" he says popping the 'p'. my jaw would be touching the floor, but physics has another plan for me.

Austin chuckles "surprise!"

"wait, so you are Cole Perry?" he nods confirming my answer.

"oh my god, that's so cool" I say, excitedly.