Chapter 10

Emilie's POV.

It's been almost two months since school started, so far, it's going well. I've been getting good grades, even in chemistry, since it's the hardest subject for me. Mom and I have been closer. We talked, a lot.

This is the thing about my mom and I's relationship, is a rare relationship. My mom opens to me a lot. She shares her emotions and feelings with me. And so, do I.

Mom's been doing better, not normal, but better than we moved here.

I like how everything's going in my life. I've been close to Aiden, too. We talk a lot, about the universe, time, but mostly we talk about our first thing we talked about, hope. He seems interested into hope, actually poetry in general. It's nice to talk to someone, who has a thing in common with you, a thing you like to do. I like writing poetry as you may know.

My black notebook is almost done. Only ten pages left, and I need a new one. With that thought on my mind, I slip into my converse, taking my car keys with me, and start driving.

It's a Friday night, and all I've been doing is watching the TV, since Titanic was on.

I love the movie Titanic, yes, I cry for hours, but it's a really good movie, and I would keep crying even if I watched a hundredth time.

It's just the way Jack sacrificed himself for Rose was such a romantic thing. He knew he will die, but wanted to keep his lover alive, though he knew her for a short part of time.

I snap out of my thoughts when I arrive my destination, which is Target. I enter target, going for the notebook sections.

I keep looking for one with blank pages, not even lines to write on, since I like to write freely.

I finally found the one I want. It was a dark grey notebook, the cover blank. I garb it, and head to the pens section. I need new pens, since my black ones are almost empty.

I usually write with blank ink, even in school. I don't write with colorful pens, just because I can't focus if it's colorful, it distracts me.

I find a set of black ink, and grab those too.

I pay for everything and enter my car. I put on This is What it Takes by Shawn Mendes and started singing softly.

"I watch your trouble eyes as you rest, and I fall in love with every breath" I sing, until I reach my house.

As soon as I get in, I head to my room, changing into a hoodie and shorts, instead of my black jeans and long grey shirt.

I grab my guitar, that was leaning beside my bed. I sit down on my bed, playing the guitar to; Yellow Lights by Harry Hudson.

Half way through me playing and singing softly to the song, my phone rings. I check it to find Aiden facetiming me.

Since it's Saturday night, and mom is on a business, Austin is busy with his new book, which he wouldn't tell me anything about the book. I stayed in the house, reading or singing.

I accept Aiden's facetime request, placing my phone on my nightstand, using the stack of books to steady my phone.

Aiden's head pop on my screen. He's sitting crisscrossed on his bed, his phone somehow steady in front of him.

"hey, Em" Aiden greets me. Oh, did I mention he started calling me Em? No, well he does.

"hey, Aiden" I greet back, placing my guitar on my lap.