chapter 1

Emilie's POV

It's been two days since we arrived, by we I mean my mother and me. There is two weeks left from the summer vacation until I start my senior year. And let me just say that it wasn't what I had planned for. Everything went from bad to worse in the last couple of months. But I remind myself that it could have been worse, some people have it worst.

I jump from my bed and head to my bathroom; I strip my clothes off and took a nice thirty-minutes shower before I get out. I dig through my closet for an outfit, I won't try that hard since I don't have to be anywhere. I pick out a black long-sleeved V-shirt with matching black jeans. Technically, if you took a look at my closet the colors that you will see are; black, grey, and white. I don't like to dress up in bright colors, and I absolutely hate dresses. I own maybe one or two for some occasions, I would never wear them if I wasn't invited for a fancy dinner or so.

I tie my brown hair in a pony tail. I grab my phone from the charger and my headphones. I search through my drawers for my key card, aha found them. I check the time on my phone; its eight-thirty in the morning. I have a habit of waking up early, I checked the view from my window and decided to grab my Canon camera. I have a desire for photograph.

I jog down the stairs, and head to the front door. Mom is probably a sleep, she hates mornings. I got in my grey mustang. I didn't ask my dad to bring it for me, but it was a kind of 'sorry for what I did' and who would say no to the 2019 new mustang? Not me. I am not bragging or anything, but my parents are rich. Both my grandparents from my mother and father side are dead, and they both were rich, so they inherited their money.

I decided to go to Starbucks since I didn't feel like cooking breakfast, and I need caffeine. I go through the drive-through and order a caramel Frap. I get my drink and I parked my car in the parking lot. I grab my phone and searched for a near-by park or lake. I find this nice lake a little distance from here, I search for a picture and it looks good. I think the view looks

amazing, especially in the sunset and sunrise.

Half an hour later I am standing on this wooden dock. The lake was as flat as any mirror, it lay without a ripple in the silver-blue sky as if time itself had been frozen. From the tall pines around the edge came not a sound, no movement of branches, no birds calling. Looking through the waters of the lake was like peering through perfect glass un-smudged.

I stand at one end of the dock, so I can get a good look at the view, showing the dock. I grab my camera that has been hanging above my chest, due to the strap around the back of my neck. I fixed my camera to take a perfect shot. I re-adjust my lens and fix the zooming option. the picture came out really nice, though if I took a picture in the sunset it would've looked way better.

I took a couple of more pictures, making a mental note to edit them on my computer later. I sit at the dock my feet dangling above the water. I grab my phone, and push my headphones in. I go through my music playlist; I have way too many songs. I love to listen to songs, and from time to time if I really like a song, I would try to learn how to play it on my piano or guitar. With the drama that has been happening lately I've been listening to music a lot. I pick; Sad songs by We the Kings. The song plays in my ears, while I stare ahead. I let out a loud sigh. I close my eyes enjoying the song.

When the song ends, I open my eyes and stare ahead but at the corner or my eyes a see someone. I turn to my right to come with a boy. He looks the same age as I am or maybe a little bit bigger. He has dark brown hair, I can't see his eyes because he was facing forward, though he does look handsome. His hands are shoved in his blue jeans. I turn my attention back to the view. I don't mind if he's here as long as its quit, though I honestly do prefer sitting alone. I should find another place, though I would probably search for more distance places, a little bit away from the town.