Chapter 10

-Jacob Perez

I observed Chres closely while he slept, still a little annoyed with him from his bitching last night over Cameron.

He was sweating hard and his breathing was irregular. I think he was having a bad dream so I shoved him plenty of times.

"Chres!"

"Chresanto!"

"Chresanto Romelo August wake the fuck up!" I yelled in his ear.

He jumped at the sound of my voice and sat up quickly panting as if he ran a marathon. I saw the little beads of sweat running down the sides of his face. I was beginning to get worried about him.

"Chresanto are you okay?" I asked placing a hand on his heart feeling it beat out of time.

He waited until his breathing became slow and normal before he spoke.

"Yeah, I-I-I had the craziest dream" He exclaimed while wiping the sweat off his body.

Before I could speak Chresanto stumbled out of bed and went out into the hallway. Out of curiosity I went and followed and ended up meeting him in the spare bedroom where Audrey slept.

"Chresanto what the fuck are we doing here?"

His eyes widened as he stared at Audrey. I pulled him back before he woke her up and dragged him to the kitchen before we woke my mom up.

"Chresanto what is up with you?" I snapped.

"Audrey she-she's still here?"

"What do you mean she's still here? You know she's here for a whole month visiting me,"

I'm just so confused by his odd behaviour.

"Now please tell me what is going on in your thick skull?" I said while folding my arms.

"My-my dream... " he whispered.

He was really beginning to piss me off.

"What happened in your dream Chresanto?" I said sternly pulling him back to our room.

He sat down on the bed, looking down towards the floor in silence.
I waited impatiently for him to start talking, shifting my weight back and forth on each leg.

Minutes passed by.

"Okay Chresanto you don't wanna tell me. You could've just said instead of ne wasting time looking at you in silence!" I hissed at him, while climbing back into bed.

I heard him sigh heavily, before laying beside me. I felt bad for snapping at him but I really don't care. His stubborn behavior needs to stop.

Really and truly, I don't know if I'm ready.

I don't think Chresanto loves me.

He just says it because I'm the only one here. I'm not doubting him it's just that, this whole Jacob and Chres thing seems too good to be true.

I'm not sure myself if I can love Chresanto the way I want to.

Sometimes he brings such heartache but at the same time he brightens my day.

It's hard man.

I don't know why I kissed him when he confessed his love for me. I felt a connection, no doubt about that but, maybe it was in the heat of the moment.

What if Chresanto doesn't want people to know about us. What if Chresanto isn't even gay.

I love Chresanto. I care for him but I don't know if I want to put myself through the process of love.