Chapter 16

-Jacob Perez

I twisted and turned in the bed and felt for Chresanto, who wasn't there.

I finally decided to open my eyes and absorb my surroundings.

I was in a normal bedroom, okay?

I spectated in more detail and saw items of Chresanto's lying around.

And that's when it all hit me.

This bullshit about people after me and Chresanto and some PPS shit protecting me. Complete fuckery.

I checked my phone on the nightstand and saw it was 2:53 AM.

Where on earth could Chresanto be.

I walked to the door and opened it looking both ways along the corridor. I've already put myself in a lot of trouble so being nosey and exploring wouldn't be the best choice right now.

I quietly closed the door before dragging my feet back to bed. I sighed and grabbed my phone off the stand and texted my mom & Audrey that I'm staying with Chres. I can't have them worrying about me right now. That's when I saw a message from an unknown number? I clicked it open and it read.

"Hey Jacob,

Remember me? The one who left notes in your locker at school? Yupp I'm back. Did you really think you could escape from me?  You're safe now but one day, I'll have you Perez. Fucking know that! That day is closer than your dumbass thinks.

-anonymous :)"

I rolled my eyes and locked my phone and placed it back on the night stand. I didn't even delete the message because I'm not fazed at all. It's probably the same person who got me into this shit. The reason I'm not sleeping in my own bed comfy as ever. Who ever this person is they're fucking bored. I haven't done anything to anyone! I don't go out often. I go to school and stay out of everyone's way. I have like 2 fucking friends! What the fuck would anyone have an issue with my lonely ass?!

I was getting so frustrated that the thought gave me a headache. I got somewhat comfortable in bed and closed my eyes forcing myself to sleep.

Sleep wasn't an option for me right now my mind was running laps in my skull and wouldn't let me sleep so I just laid there in the darkness.

The darkness felt sorta good. It consumed me, indulged me. Held me like a hug almost. It was my only source of comfort right now so I might as well take advantage of it.

That's until the bed dipped slightly, I felt an arm wrap around my waist and pull me closer until I was in contact with a broad frame.

I pulled the duvet tighter around me snuggling closer to it rather than Chresanto because right now I'm upset.

Everything was going so good! I was just so distraught when Chres told me he couldn't be seen with me. Like what the fuck is that supposed to mean? Was he ashamed to be seen with me?

All these questions unanswered and it was beginning to put me on edge.

~
"FUUUUUCK!"

The excruciating pain of volts ran through me ever so quickly. My legs kicked as I squirmed about while my eyes almost popped out my head.

Once the pain subsided I sat up only to be met with a lady grinning hard at me.

"Good morning sunshine! I'm grace and I will be your mentor while you're here," she greeted.