Chapter 15

-Chresanto August

Tonight totally went well.

My love and I supposedly went out somewhere nice to eat, actual time for ourselves.

But no.

We were being watched & how lovely of Jacob to bring even more attention to us by starting a tantrum.

Oh yeah.

Nearly forgot.

Niggas in black start shooting up the elegant place.

Saved Jacob's ass because that's my fucking job.

Getting my risky ass shot in the shoulder, hurt like a bitch.

But both our asses are alive and I'm thankful lord.

"AUGUST THAT WAS COMPLETE SHAMBLES! WHAT IN THE WORLD DID YOU THINK YOU WERE DOING?!"

The voice of my boss, Stanley Sanders, roared. I'm sure people upstairs in the main house heard.

"I told Jacob I can't be seen with him as much as Id want to and that didn't go so well," I murmured.

Sanders fell back into his office chair and scoffed at me, "Those people are not the ones to play with Chresanto, you know that,"

I nodded in response.

"I can't have you slip up again before something way worse happens, alright?"

I nodded again, "Sorry sir, I promise it won't happen again,"

He accepted my apology and shooed me out his office.

I headed back upstairs to the living room in the main house. The house was just a disguise for the PPS base, which was underground.

I sat back on the couch and sighed out of exhaustion. My shoulder is killing me but Francis and Ty aided me well.

"Yo Chres you good man?" I felt a heavy hand apply pressure to my shoulder and I flinched in pain.

"Oh shit! my bad bruh," Craig apologised, sitting beside me.

"It's cool," I chuckled as the pain subsided.

We sat in silence for a while until Craig's voice broke the silence.

"You got responsibilities now man, you ain't got no space to fuck up,"

" I know Craig, don't gotta remind me. Sanders done told me all that shit," I lowly growled, closing my eyes.

"Chresanto, don't get mad at the truth, you gotta deal with yo shit the right way and I learned that the hard way," Craig semi yelled, looking me dead in the eyes.

I sighed and nodded at his words. He was right. All my life I've let my anger get the best of me and ever since I left I changed my dumb ass ways & Craig been doing this for a couple years now so he know what he talking about.

It was almost 2am so I said goodnight to Craig as we both headed for bed. As I walked into my bedroom I found Jacob sitting up in the bed.

I'm not really in the mood to talk to him.

I undressed into my boxers and got comfortable in the bed with my back facing him.

I could feel his piercing stare on my bare back and it made me uncomfortable.

"It's rude to stare," I bluntly said.

There was a short silence and I instantly felt bad.