Chapter 4

-Jacob Perez

It's been a month since I had that encounter with Chresanto and I haven't heard anything from him since. It's not like I care though. I've been doing my own thing with poetry and basketball. Both, Ray and I got onto the team but unfortunately Chresanto didn't however, he is star player on the football team so that's nice for him.

I can say I am comfortable in the school now I have got a couple of friends but I'm not really the type to get close and comfy with people. That is an official no go situation.

Although Ray hangs out with me in class sometimes and we talk quite often but he already has his own group of friends so I promise not to interfere.

I was on my way home from basketball practise as we have a very important game against South Norwood High, until someone in all black caught my attention. They soon walked I into the light of a streetlight but their bucket hat restricted me from seeing their face.

Oh well.

I walked into the block of flats and took the elevator up to 7 floor, where I lived. As I walked through the corridor I could hear loud arguing. Kind of reminded me of my mom and dad.

The sound of banging and yells flooded my ears as the distant images of my dad beating against my mother played before my eyes. I shook them out of my mind and carried on down the hallway.

"You ain't shit to me!"

I heard a masculine voice scream.

"Just like your mother!" Another masculine but much older voice yell.

The argument caught my attention leading me to the apartment door, resting my ear against the door. I listened cautiously at the two men bickering at each other.

"Shut the fuck up about her! Fuck her, she ain't shit too! Both of y'all mean nothing to me!"

I heard footsteps charge towards the door and I didn't know whether to run or hide or anything before I could even react because the door flung right open and there stood the boy in all black with the bucket hat. He stared at me as I stood still unable to move.

"Um...Er I'm so-" I couldn't even finish my sentence before I was push against the wall and punched square in the nose. I yelled in pain and tried to scream for help but none of the sick bastards in the block would help. Blow after blow after blow in the head plus multiple kicks in the stomach, I don't think my body can endure any more torment.

After the vicious beating I could hardly see anything from the blood trickling down my face, all I could feel was the hard ground beneath me as I was being dragged by my curls into an apartment.

My body limp, I was unable to do anything. I guess next time I shouldn't go snooping in other people business. I soon fell into darkness.

~

I woke up in my bed? feeling the worst, head hurting, stomach hurting just everything hurting. I sat up in bed and saw everything of mine was here. My bag, phone and even the McDonald's I bought yesterday was still here.

My mother soon came in to check on me and had the coldest expression on her face.

"Mi hijo what happened?"

"I got jumped by some men in black nigga cause I was spying on his convo" I mumbled.