Chapter 3

-Chresanto August

I walked up the stairs to the apartment my dad & I lived at looking down at the drunk men and intoxicated women gallivanting around the building. The strong stench of beer and piss filled the air but its nothing new to me, I've been living here for the past 3 years and this scenario is regular to me.

"You good son?" The old raspy voice of my old man Riggon echoed along the hallway.

"Yes sir!" I replied saluting him with a smile.

That's Mr.Riggon, the only neighbor I actually like in this building; always giving me advice and shit, I do take it into value and remember it. He's like a grandpa to me so wise and all, he been there for me when shit got rough and I respect him for that.

I unlocked the door and stepped in to be welcomed with a cloud of smoke floating around the yard. I swatted it away as much as I could and coughed as it travelled to the back of my throat. I walked though the lounge past the two unknown women sprawled on the couch. I rolled my eyes at the sight and shook my head and continued walking to my room.

'Oh Chre-Chressss-Chresant!"   My dad stumbled out from the darkness of the hallway high as usual

'It's Chresanto'

'Oh yeah! What you doing home so-suh-sooo aha early?' He struggled to say, supporting himself by leading against the door frame.

'Can't I come to my own home? whether it's early or not?'  I sighed, becoming impatient with this man.

He began to to trudge over to me an layed his hand on my shoulder and stood close to me. His body odour disturbed my senses as my face scrunched up in reaction of the unpleasant smell. My dad began to laugh as my face stayed emotionless with his constant amusement beginning to get to me. 

'The fucks so funny?" I challenged.

"Your face boy! You look so much like her" He caressed my cheek but I pushed him off me.

"Fuck her and fuck you!" I screamed as I stormed out the apartment and found myself once again knocking at old man Riggon's door. He opened up and saw my expression on my face as he welcomed me into his home.

~

'And that's what happened...'  I had just finished explaining the whole confrontation my dad and I had.

Mr.Riggon nodded as he took my empty plate and dumped it into the sink, I sighed. My head's pounding and it hurts like shit. I sat back and closed my eyes and chuckled at the mere sight of Perez's face in the bathroom. Poor kid, he don't know the shit he just got into.

"Thanks sir, I'm going back now" 

"Welcome boy, be safe out there"  He hollered

I said no more and left for my apartment. I opened the door as quietly as I could and went to my room avoiding everything and anything. I undressed and got comfortable in my bed. I pulled out my phone had a notification from Ray saying:

"Don't mess with the new kid Jacob Perez man, he cool"

I chuckled at the message and put my phone down. The fuck Ray mean "Don't mess with the new kid"  He can't tell me shit. I do whatever I want with whoever I want don't care what you gotta say.

I woke the next morning and got ready for another day of school, impressed with how I looked I went over to the kitchen and looked for a granola bar but there isn't anything edible in here. I kissed my teeth and went to get my keys but was stopped by one of the ladies that were here.

"The fuck do you want?" I spat at her

"Aw poor baby, you look stressed I think you need some help"  She flirtatiously looked at me while tugging at the hem of my shirt.

"For all I know you a thot! You could have aids or some shit and I'm not finna try die today!" I moved her aside and went about my business.

I passed through starbucks and got a frappuccino. My order was ready I went to grab it but was taken by someone else.

"Yo, that's mine " The person turned around.

"Oh sorry my bad!"  The voice so familiar, Jacob. He didn't look too pleased to see me. haha funny boy.

"Yeah, don't wanna be in anymore trouble with daddy Chres do you now Jacob?" 

"Take the fucking drink and go!" 

Attitude I see.

I grabbed the drink and went towards the door and looked back at his to see him staring at me.

"See you later Perez" I chuckled

~

It was now lunch time and was coolin' with my niggas like any other day. I was waiting on Ray so we could go check out the basketball try-outs but the nigga was taking long as hell. 

 I saw him from afar with the company of  Jacob Perez. I scoffed at the sight and waited from the to approach. Jacob and I locked eye contact, we kept it until he came but then he broke it when Ray began to talk.

"The fuck took you so long?!"

"Chill out bruh! Nigga got caught up with Deja telling me shit bout she pregnant!"  I laughed at that, that bitch Deja be tryna get Ray to stay with her for the longest! I heard Jacob giggle quietly as he stood there awkwardly.

"Damn! Imma meet up with you after school so we can check this basketball shit out" 

"Cool" Ray said, as he left with Jacob.

~

End of the day had come and I was in the bathroom finalizing myself for the basketball try-outs Ray had told me about. I checked myself out once more in the mirror until a figure walked past me. I saw an afro and immediately knew...Perez.

"Don't say shit Chresanto!"

Woah! He fast to talk.

"What if I do? You can't do shit to me"

"You act like you so big and bad but you're really not" He scoffed.

As I was about to speak he cut me off.

"I saw right past your stupid ass ego today Chresanto. You're hurting inside! And don't give me no bullshit that you ain't cause I'm not as dumb as you think I am" He ranted as he flipped his hair.

He left without saying another word. Not even looking back at me. I fell to my knees and hung my head low in defeat. The one person I'd thought could never beat me won the fued. He saw right through me, tore me apart with his words and left me stranded. 

I cried. I cried so hard. I was alone, broken and scarred.

~

YASSSSSSSSS!!!

Chapter 3 baby! Did you guys like it?! Tell me in the comments. Anything I should add or nah? comment below. Vote though guys, that would make my day. But Jacob getting too real yo cutting Chres like that. Damn! LOOL

Audrey__X