Seven

I see him scooch closer, but the second I get nervous he stops. "You know, you are the most skiddeish she Wolf,I have ever met. Something bad must of happened to you," Arden says.

George gets up and goes down the stair and into the woods, towards the swamps. I watch him go.

"I don't have to worry about your friend eating me anymore," Arden says. I turn my gaze back to him.

He scoots closer, and I tense. "I can do this all night," he says, "it doesn't bother me either way, I'm a patient man."

He says sitting back down in the grass.  "What happened to you that made you so scared if males," he asks. I tense and move back. As I do he moves forward.

"I'm not letting you get away, from me again," he says. His words scaring me worse than anything.

I stand up and run inside, slamming my door and falling to the floor in front of it.

I hear the deck boards squeak as he walks up the steps. The hear him sit just outside the door. My heart pounding in my ears.

"So it's not something, but someone your running from," Arden says just outside the door, a mere inches from me.

My eyes blur, as I realize that I am crying and my body is shaking. I remain leaning on the door, my last barrier between me and the male on the other side of it.

"Look, I didn't mean to scare you, but like I said, I can't hurt you, my wolf wouldn't allow it, even if he would, I couldn't, mate," Arden says.

My heart faulters, April hisses, in my head. "Open the door please, we don't have to touch, all you have to do is smell me and look in my eyes to know for sure," Arden says.

"I understand that your scared, and I'd love to know why, but I won't and can't force you to tell me," he says.

"Tell you what, ooen a window, and I can talk to you that way, I promise I'll stay outside," he says.

Heart pounding, I stand up and go to the closet window, opening it. This way I can see every move he makes.

He comes to the window and stands there. I sit in the closest chair to the window, curling myself up, as if to protect myself.

"Baby, I can't help you and keep you safe, if I don't know what happened," he says, tears in his eyes.

I start crying harder, as the painfull memories start to flood my mind. I begin to rock myself in my chair. Closing my eyes.

I hear the door open and close. Then a pair of hands grip my shoulders. "Please don't," I beg. "Please don't what baby, I don't understand," Arden's voice says.

"Please don't hurt me," I say. "I won't, I swear I won't," he says, his voice breaking. I open my eyes, and see the tears falling from his eyes.

"I want to make it better, I want to help baby," he says, his eyes reflecting mine. "I....I can't go back, I can't, he'll.... he'll hurt me," I cry.

"Your not baby, your not going back not ever," Arden says. I fling my arms around him, my hands hitting his bare skin as sparks shoot through me.

I yelp in surprise, jumping away in surprise. Calming quickly as realization sets in. "Mate," I ask. "Yes, baby," he says.

Once again I fling my arms around him, as I cry into his shoulder. He rubs my back, trying to calm me. When I am calm, I pull away, but still touching him.

"I don't want to go back, I can't see...see him again," I say with a shaky voice. "He can't find me," I say, all shakiness gone.

"What happened," Arden asks, "I can help." I shake my head, "you can't erase what happened though, no body can," I say looking down. "I was....am to weak, I couldn't fight," I say, "I couldn't fight him."

Arden growls, "who Summer," he asks. His growls shaking my little cabin to it's core. I hear howls in the distance, reacting to his earth shattering growls.

I wimper in fear, as I know they are coming here. "It's ok baby, they're not going to hurt you, they are concerned about my anger," Arden says, holding me close.

################################

*Please vote and comment.