Four

For most three weeks is a long time. But for me it flew by.

It's been three weeks since I came to Louisiana, and my time here has been wonderful. Minus waking up to a alligator in my yard every morning.

But I have gotten used to it, though the first time, it scared me.

This morning, I walk out of my house, and the gator is in it's usual spot, like it's guarding my house.

"Hi George," I tell him, "protecting me again." I laugh, great talking to a gator. I toss him, his raw chicken, I buy just for him. I started to feed him a couple of days ago.

In return, he allows me to touch him and even sit on him if I wanted to. Nothing is more unnerving than sitting on a live alligator, that is unrestrained for the first time.

Walking past him, I reach down and let his nose. "You behave while I am gone," I tell him.

Getting to work, I dress and start waiting tables. As always, smacking hands away, as I do. Maybe the casual flirting in between.

Laughing as I reach the bar, I put the slip for the next order on the wheel. Grabbing a Coke, I sit down, at the bar, and wait for the order to be ready, as all the tables are full, and been served, but the one.

Drinking my Coke, I hear the door bell, go off, I look over and see the hottest man I have seen in here walking in with two other rather attractive men.

I get up and go to their table. "How can I help you gentlemen,today," I ask, not looking up. I pull out my order pad and wait pen in hand.

Without answering, I hear one of them growl. I look up in shock. As they are all looking at me, two in anger, the other I can't explain his look.

I back away from the table, quickly. Backing into a couple people leaving. The man behind me catches me before I fall. "You ok," he asks. "Yea, I'm fine," I reply.

I run to the bar, "Sarah, I.... I'm not feeling well, I gotta go home," I say. She walks up to me, putting a hand to my forehead, "it's my stomach, flu maybe, stomach bug," I say, then do as I have seen plenty of humans do, I fake gag, throwing my hands to my mouth.

"Go...go....feel better soon," she says. I rush out the back door,grabbing my clothes as I do.

I run him and lock my door behind me, glad that George is gone. "April what do I do,"I ask her, "we can't be found, if they discover who I am they'll make us go back," I tell her paniced.

"It'll be ok," April says, "we are stronger now, we can handle him, he can't control us now, we aren't pack anymore," April says, "he won't touch us again, this I swear."

I sit on the floor, the only place cool enough to help me with my panic attack. April, purrs in my head in hopes of calming me down and bringing me out of the panic attack.

I soon fall asleep on the floor, in self loathing and loss. Scared of my own shadow, even.

################################

*Please vote and comment.