Chapter 24

“How long will you search for her Alex?” the Prince’s best friend asks him quietly.

Alex merely looked at John and looked back at the scenery before him. It’s been a year since Mia’s disappearance and he’s nowhere near successful to any clue to where she might be. So many things have happened but it seems those events occurred in one big blur for him. His father, the King, now lies on his sickbed since the day Mia was taken away. It’s a matter of time before the title passes on to Alex. But the idea of finally being King gives Alex no pleasure at all. The truth is the idea leaves a bitter taste to him.

In order for him to be King, heartaches and a lot of tears had to be shed.

Not a day passes that he doesn't miss her. He misses the sound of her laughter; they way she shyly smiles at him and how he misses to hold her in his arms again!

“Earth to Alex!”, John broke through Alex’s happy thoughts of Mia…sending him back crashing down to the hard reality of her disappearance.

The Prince gave his friend a dark look before answering.

 “How long will I search for her, you ask? As long as it takes. I don’t care if it will take me years to find her but I will get my Mia back!”

 ******************************************

It’s a Sunday and Little John is very excited to see the show involving the cute puppets. He ran to his mother’s bedroom and saw that she’s being assisted by the man with such love and care.

Little John still could not believe the turn of events that has happened in his life. The journey to acceptance wasn't easy but the day did come when he finally opened his heart and welcomed the person who is now an important part of his life.

“Papa! Please hurry or we’re going to miss the show!”

John looked to where his son was standing at the door and chuckled. But his heart never fails to swell with so much love and pride for his son. The word “papa” never fails to make him misty-eyed.

“A little more patience, son, and your mother will be finally ready. And don’t worry because we still have time before your favorite show starts.”

 **********************************************

The sound of a loud applause erupted plus the excited chatter of the children could be heard when the puppet show came to an end. Little John’s cheeks were flushed with so much excitement too as he held on to his parents hands on both his sides.

Then he looked to his right side still grinning widely when his eyes zoomed in on the woman standing a few feet away from where they were standing.

She had a cloak on her and her hood was on. Little John blinked his eyes to check if he’s seeing right. When he opened his eyes and the woman was still there…smiling at the man beside her…the boy looked up at his father with rounded eyes.

When he saw that his father was looking elsewhere, Little John knew he had to do something and fast.

So he took a deep breath and screamed at the top of his young voice…

 “Aunt Mia!”

  ********************************************

Little John screamed his Aunt Mia’s name and ran as fast as his little legs could to where the woman remained standing. As soon as he reached her, he quickly wrapped his arms around her waist and hugged her so tight as if never letting go.

The woman let out a gasp of surprise and when she has finally recovered, knelt down to look at the boy. She was about to ask him if he was okay when a male voice almost choked the same name the boy screamed.