Chapter 6

"You do realize that the day will come that you're going to run out of places to hide. He will find you Mia." , Suzy said... Mia's best friend.

Mia looked at her friend and shook her head. She is determined to use every corner of the castle to hide from the man who made her anxiety level shoot up to the roof.

"This castle is big enough Suzy and he will never find me. I'll make sure of that."

Then Mia suddenly let out a frustrated breath and still could not fathom why this is happening to her.

"I was just minding my business scrubbing the floor and out of the many places in this enormous castle, why did he have to walk through that particular hallway?! I just want to live peacefully and do my job but no! He just has to come stumbling and ruin everything for me!"

Suzy smiled and put an arm around her friend. With a consoling tone replied...

"Mia, cheer up! It's not every day that a prince comes stumbling your way. AND mind you, ended up being so interested that he's been trying to look for you in weeks. Now that I've mentioned it, I shouldn't have listened to you and kept you hidden. If I just pointed the Prince to the right direction, well who knows! We might be looking forward to a grand wedding in the future!"

Mia stared aghast at Suzy and exclaimed...

"Do you hear yourself Suzy???What do you think this is? A fairy tale love story???"

"You did right when you denied any knowledge of me to the Prince. Because I don't want to ever cross paths with him again. Men like him thinks that they can dazzle any woman. Well...he's not dazzling me!"

But Suzy refused to listen and tried to change Mia's mind...

"Has it crossed your mind that maybe this is fate? That you and the Prince are meant to be together! Imagine the uproar from the Royal Family if they finally learn that the Prince is hopelessly in love with a commoner!"

Mia suddenly looked at Suzy angrily and retorted...

"Oh right! Why haven't I thought of that! Imagine me.... A commoner... a total nobody...being stalked by no other than the Prince himself!" Mia's voice dripped with sarcasm.

Then as she continued to talk, tears started to gather and Mia's voice trembled...

"And let us not forget my dear sister who now just sits all day in front of the window hoping that one day her dear beloved Royalty will come back for her! He used her and made her fall in love with him! Showered her with empty promises of marriage that she foolishly believed!"

"I told her Suzy! I told her to be careful! Royalty and Commoners don't mix! But she just laughed at me and accused me of being jealous. That I was just saying those things to her because I don't have my own man whose of nobility!"

Mia suddenly felt drained and slumped on the chair and then bowed her head with tears still streaming down her face...

"That man never loved my sister. But he did love to toy with her feelings...made her believe that she was the luckiest girl in the world to be cherished. Ha! He was a pretentious sweet talker. But she was so blinded by her feelings, she failed to see his true intentions. He was everything to her but he left her in pieces. "

Suzy sat beside Mia and embraced her..." Stop this Mia...Don't do this to yourself. Your sister made her decision and she has to live with it."

Mia looked at Suzy and said in a very sad voice..." If I could just turn back the time...I will make sure that she never cross paths with that man again!"