Chapter 32

"Is anyone there?!" Alex was suddenly yanked out from his train of thoughts when John started knocking on his head.

"Cut it out,man." Alex protested.

John lifted his eyebrows and snorted. "Well, excuse me, Your Highness. If you're just going to stand there and staring out the window for the next forty-five years...just say the word. And I'll tell everybody to just go home because you're busy daydreaming!"

"Well, you're the one who made the suggestion that I go back to what happened."

John was about to retort back when the door opened.

"Well, if you two are done bickering, we're about to start. She's here."

Alex and John both turned their heads and looked at the man who opened the door.

Sam stood there as handsome as his brother. He went inside the room and walked to where Alex stood.

John smiled and exited the room leaving the two brothers.

Both were silent for a moment when Sam extended his hand towards Alex.

" I wanted to wait for the right moment to say this. Thank you."

Alex looked at Sam's outstretched hand and shook his head. Upon seeing Alex's reaction, Sam started to feel the slow climb of disappointment. But was surprised with what Alex did the next.

His brother didn't take his hand but gave him instead a warm brotherly embrace.

Sam was stunned for a second but quickly recovered from his surprise. The happiness he's feeling at the moment was hard to contain.

The two brothers held on to each other for a while when Sam was the one to step back. He was almost embarassed to let his brother see the tears that was starting to gather. So he started to just laugh about it.

"Oh man. You're going to make me cry!"

Alex also laughed and was clearly trying to not let his tears show.

So much has happened in the two months that passed. Since hearing what Sam has told Mia about his childhood and what happened to his mother, Alex made the decision that day to give himself and his brother a chance to be a family.

It was a decision that he doesn't have any regret doing especially seeing the effects of it on Sam today.

Not only did Sam gained a brother in the process but also a mother and a...father.

Alex saw the changes in his father not only by accepting Mia but also by choosing to accept Sam into his family.

It was long accepted that the King doesn't have a long time left to live. So instead of holding on to all the anger, he finally let go and let the forgiveness process begin.

Alex looked at his brother and smiled. Then suddenly, he thought of something.

"For what it's worth, I think someone has a crush on you."

Sam rolled his eyes and asked." Everyone has a crush on me,brother. Since the news travelled that the Prince is no longer available on the market, guess who's the next target?!"

Alex snorted. " You are my brother alright if Mia's to be asked."

" Meaning?"' Sam questioned.

The Prince laughed and recalled the time he was the one who ended up chasing the woman he literally fell for...on the floor.

" Never mind. Come on, let's get out of here before someone else plots to kidnap my woman again."

Sam reacted by saying, " Ouch! That hurt, you know."

Alex widened his eyes at his brother. " Eh, you know what I mean."

Sam shook his head. " Whatever."

Then the two men left the room still laughing.