Chapter 13

Alex opened his eyes the instant he felt Mia’s hand slapped his face…AGAIN!!!

The expression on his face was so stormy that Mia felt the spark of fear climb up her spine. But she was determined to show this man that she has no plans whatsoever of joining the ranks of those women he can easily seduce with his 1000-wattage smile and charm.

She took a deep breath and hoped that she won’t regret her action later.

Alex wasn’t saying anything but still kept her trapped in his arms. He just kept staring at Mia but with jaws tightly clenched.

She was starting to feel uncomfortable so she decided to break the awful silence…

“Y-you deserved that…SIRE” Mia said with a slight tremble in her voice. It was obvious that she’s trying to maintain a brave face but the truth is her heart is beating wildly.

“I may have been born with a lot less privileges in life unlike you and the rest of the nobility but that doesn’t give you the right to take advantage of me whenever you want to. I am not a toy you can play with whenever you feel bored!”

He took a last smoldering look at her then proceeded to move away. He still didn’t utter a word but just kept walking until he reached the window and just kept his back to Mia.

When she thought he will just stand there and not say anything, she started to ask for his permission to leave…

“If I may ask for your permission to leave sire…” Mia asked quietly.

When Alex still didn’t say anything, Mia tried again…

“If there’s nothing else you need of me sire, may I leave so I can go back to my duties?”

Alex still didn’t turn around but with a low voice answered her at last…

“Yes, you may leave.”

Mia looked at the Prince’s back for a few seconds before making a move for the door. As she was unlocking the door, she can’t help but think that maybe…just maybe…she has judged him a little too soon. And maybe…just maybe…he does truly like her.

And with that thought, Mia couldn’t help that spark of hope burst within her.

When Mia was about to step out, she was halted when Alex suddenly spoke her name…

“Mia?”

“Yes…sire”

He then finally turned around and faced Mia. He looked at her for a moment then gave her a smile that almost made her blush…

 “Just so you know… you now owe me not one but three kisses.”