Harry vi: safe with you

Harry stood in the empty playground. Clouds covered the moon. Only one street lamp was holding onto its light. The abandoned equipment creaked in the background, as Harry pulled his coat tighter around him.
I wonder why we're here.
It's probably about his father.
I hope he's ok.
I should still tell him...right?
I've waited long enough.
After a minute or so, Draco walked through the gate, hands pushed into his coat pockets. "He wrote, didn't he?" Harry immediately knew what was on his mind. "Yeah." Draco hung his head. "We should tell someone." Harry insisted. "There is no we."
There is. I care about you.
More than I should.
"Yes there is. We're friends. We help each other."
"We can't be. I'm bad for you."
"Draco, you're the best thing in my life right now."
I don't lie. Not to you.
"So are you. But I'm putting you in danger."
"I don't care." Harry took a step closer. He was desperate to comfort Draco, but he was just pushing him away.
"It's not safe." Another step.
"What is?" Harry was so close, he could see each eyelash on Draco's eyes, see how his eyes reflected the faint light. His hair was a total mess, his cheeks pink from the cold air.
He's so fucking pretty.
"We can't."
"What?"
"This."
"I disagree." Harry leant forward and kissed him. Eyes closed, didn't want it to end. "Stay.."
"I can't. It's too dangerous."
"Fuck dangerous."
Let me stay.
"No. We can't. This is all a bad idea."
"Don't lie."
"I'm not." So much pain in his eyes. Harry kissed him again.
Salty. He's crying.
"Stop." More tears.
"I don't care how dangerous it is."
"I DO! I CARE ABOUT YOU!"
"I don't want to leave."
"Then I'll make you. I don't care what I have to do. I can't let you die. I hate this." Draco stepped away.
"So what if you do?"
I don't know whether he's lying.
"Go away." Harry was shocked by the anger in Draco's eyes.
"Maybe I will."
No...what am I doing?
"I regret it all. I'm leaving."
I don't regret anything. I just want you to be happy. And you're not happy with me. I'm so sorry.
Harry apparated home.
He buried his face in his pillow.
What the fuck did I just do?
Is this how a broken heart feels?
I need to go back to my life.
I regret it.
No I don't.
It doesn't matter. Whatever you had is gone.
Harry put his pyjamas on and slept.
He cooked, cleaned and worked. Anything to get Draco out of his head. Everything seemed to remind him of him. But he needed to move on.
Right?
Harry went out to buy more food. Ginny got home soon. He'd left her a key. He wasn't sure he could face her right now.
I need to end it with her. I led her on too long.
I don't want to hurt her anymore than I already have.
We needed someone to lean on.
But nothing else.
It's been so long since we properly talked.
I want her to move on, be happy.
I'm not the person to do that for her.
*****
He returned home. Ginny was there. She turned around. "Malfoy? Seriously?"
"Ginny I-"
"No. It's fine. I know. My friend saw you two. Overheard you. I feel the same, honestly. You're like a brother."
"And you're like my sister." Harry hugged her. "I'm so sorry."
"I'm sorry too. We should have talked."
"It's not your fault. I led you on."
"Well, that's us over. Thanks for the memories, Harry."
"Yeah. You couldn't have been better, and I'm so grateful to you for that. I'm so sorry I fucked up. I never meant to hurt you."
"You hurt me, and there's no changing that. I'm mad at you, obviously, but you're my best friend. I kinda hate you right now, but still. It's not okay, but it will be."
"How can I make it okay?"
"Tell him the truth."
"Now?"
"Go. Be a hero, Harry. Do what you have to do." Harry kissed her on the cheek. "Thank you. Goodbye Ginny."
"Bye, Harry. Don't forget me."
Harry sprinted through the drizzle. It was almost midnight. Stars peppered the sky, watching his frantic movements. Draco was probably asleep. He probably never wanted to see Harry again. Harry didn't care.
The heavens really opened then, rain pouring in bucketloads on Harry. He was only in jeans and a shirt, so he was soaked in seconds. He continued running, chest heaving.
Wait for me.
He ran harder.
I said some shitty things.
Harry went left, then right, then left again. He almost slid over at the third corner, but didn't stop. His shoes squelched ever time they touched the floor.
Stay with me.
His hair hung in his face, soaked.
I need you to hear this.
He ran into the apartment block, passing the sleeping receptionist. The lights flickered on as he climbed up the stairs, leaving a trail of water behind him. He reached number 7.
We aren't over.