Draco v: dark magic

Draco sat in the kitchen. An untouched bowl of pasta sat in front of him. He read the latest letter from his father:
Draco,
You will lure in the Potter boy and capture him. We will not be in prison for much longer. We await your joining. Touch the Mark. Join us. They may have forgotten us, but we have not forgiven them. We will rise.
Lucius.
He put his head in his hands. It just never stopped. Draco surprised himself by letting out a self-pitying sob.
I can't just sit here and cry. I AM NOT 16 ANYMORE. HE HAS NO CONTROL OVER ME. I AM AN ADULT. I MAKE MY OWN DECISIONS. I AM NOT 16 ANYMORE.
He could never truly convince himself this was true. Sometimes, he felt like he was always going to be sixteen inside, trapped and lonely with no way out.
Draco eventually pulled himself up off the floor and showered. He put new clothes on, and made himself breakfast.
Business as usual. Malfoy to the very end.
He moved to his desk, and cast a quick communication spell. Right, now, he needed his best friend.
"Hey Pansy. Sorry to bother you at work."
"Oh no Dray it's fine. What's wrong?" Pansy furrowed her brow and began chewing on the end of her pen, "Is it your father?"
"In some ways. Not just him, though."
"Potter?" She asked. Draco chuckled grimly, "How did you know?"
"Dray, you're my best friend. I know everything about you."
"Not everything."
"Yes everything. Anyway, what did he do now?"
"Well...it's more me."
"Yeah...?"
"We kinda slept together."
"YES DRAY! WELL DONE!!" The workers around Pansy looked at her surprised, but dismissed it. Pansy has never been the best at controlling her volume. "No. He's dating that Weasley girl."
"And? You finally got your guy!" Even though this logic appealed to Draco, he couldn't quite convince himself. "I didn't. It's not right. He probably doesn't even feel the same."
"Oh Dray, you're so dumb." Pansy laughed.
"Shut up. He doesn't like me. We were talking a lot at this cafe and..."
"And?"
"Last night, I took him to the fairground."
"Ooh romantic!"
"No. Not romantic. But I did kiss him."
"Great!"
"Not great. It can't work. Anyway, we're back as friends. And it's staying that way." Pansy muttered something about 'men having one brain cell to share between all of them' but Draco decided to ignore it. "So, you still single?"
"Of course. I fly solo, you know that." She pushed her short, bleached hair out of her face.
"Not forever." Draco countered.
"You sound so sure."
"Pansy, you're fucking gorgeous. You could get anyone."
"Thanks Dray. Anyway, how's the mad dad?"
"Madder than ever. It's kinda scary."
"Shit. Tell me if you need help?"
"Of course."
"Crap. My supervisor is calling. I gotta go. Bye Dray."
"Bye Pansy.." The image of Pansy had already disappeared.
Alone again.
Draco worked until late that night, when he headed out to meet Harry again. He eventually got home at around 2am, and fell into a troubled sleep.
Draco walks towards the Dark Lord. Whispers follow him. "You will join us?" Guilt flashes by. "Yes." Then pain.
He is standing over a boy with a swollen face. "Is this Harry Potter?" He can't betray him. "I can't be sure." The scene fades to black.
Draco steps off the train. His father grabs his arm. "You have failed us."
"CRUCIO!" Pain ravages his body. A break, then again. One word repeated, his mother, his father, Bellatrix, Wormtail all say it: FALIURE.
Draco woke up screaming, clutching his arm. He checked. The Dark Mark was faintly glowing in his dark room.
This hasn't happened in years.
He got out.