《5》

"Let's go home."

_______________________________________

Once they finally reached Trixie's flat, Trixie rushed over to the heater.
"I honestly thought my hands were going to fall off for a second there"
Trixie confessed, keeping her hands as close to the heater as possible without burning herself.
Meanwhile, Katya couldn't stop laughing at Trixie ever since they left the diner. Trixie was shivering so much she could barely drive back home.
"You should go to Russia during winter and see what real cold feels like" she said, taking off her boots.
Trixie chuckled, it completely slipped her mind sometimes that Katya is Russian. Her accent was hardly even noticeable by now. Once Katya felt physically better, she had enough energy to care about how she sounded.
When Trixie could feel her hands again, she joined Katya on the sofa.
They watched 50 first dates for a while, until Trixie fell asleep after about half an hour. Katya looked at Trixie as she layed her head down on her chest, enjoying her warmth. Katya smiled and readjusted their blanket so that it covered Trixie. As she closed her eyes, she listed to Trixie's breaths and soft snores and let it put her to sleep.

The sound of traffic woke them up, which meant it was morning. The sun wasn't up yet, typical winter. Neither girls complained though, they slept better than ever before curled up with each other. After brushing their teeth, Katya made them both tea while Trixie did her morning skincare routine.
"You're an actual angel, you know that?" Trixie said, looking at the steaming hot cuppa Katya had placed in front of her. Katya chuckled. "Satan was an angel too." She said, wiggling her eyebrows as the took a bite of her soggy biscuit.
Trixie laughed that loud, screeching, adorable laugh of hers.
"Shut up, you know what I meant." She said, blowing on her tea in attempt to cool it down.

After tea, the girls got dressed.
"Hey Katya? You know when I said you couldn't keep borrowing my clothes forever?" Trixie asked. Katya looked at her with the expression of a confused puppy who had just peed on the floor and doesn't understand why they're being yelled at. "...yes?" She said.
"Well, let's go shopping! We only open for dinner today so we've got more than enough time!" Trixie grinned.
Katya shook her head.
"Trixie I can't offord anything new. I don't want you to spend even more money on me." She said.
Trixie sighed. "This again? Katya after what you did for me yesterday it's the least I can do. And if it's that hard for you to let me pay, just pay me back when you can! You do work for me after all.." She said, winking at the last part. Katya sighed.
"You're not taking no for an answer, are you Кукла?" She asked.
"Nope." She said, popping the 'p'.
Katya groaned as Trixie pushed her out of the flat. They drove to the nearest mall. As usual, Trixie sang along to her Dolly Parton CD while Katya just enjoyed her lovely voice.
The weather was still extremely cold, but the sun was out and shining, making it seem warmer than it actually was. They found a parking spot quite easily because, shockingly, most people had other places to be in on a Tuesday morning.
Katya immediately felt misplaced the minute they set foot in the mall. The gigantic GUCCI store was the first thing she saw when they entered. The store literally sparked, even from the outside. A monochrome of gold. It had a "don't even think about coming in here if you're not a millionaire" aura to it. "Woah" was all she could say as she stared at the luxury items they put on display. Trixie looked at Katya and then at the shoes she was staring at. "Katya honey, I don't wanna disappoint ya but I was thinking we should go somewhere more... well, affordable." she said, placing her hand on Katya's shoulder.
Katya's eyes widened as she realised what the situation must've looked like.
"Oh! No, no of course haha I was just hypnotized by those glittery shoes, they reminded me of Dorothy's red shoes from the Wizard of Oz. My mother used to read Волшебник Изумрудного Города (volshebnik izumrudnogo goroda) to me all the time!" She explained. Trixie laughed, mainly at how cute Katya sounded when she spoke in Russian.
"I guess they do look alike" she said.
"Come on, let's go find a store we can actually afford to buy things from." With that, Trixie dragged Katya, who stared at every store they passed by like it was the most amazing thing in the world, to H&M.
Trixie quickly realised that Katya's favourite colour was red. Trixie herself wasn't a huge fan of red, but Katya was an exception. She made red look so beautiful you could believe that god had invented it only for her. So when Katya tried on the many red and black outfits she had picked out for herself, Trixie found herself internally drooling over all of them.
"Isn't this one a bit much?" She asked, walking out of the changing room for the sixth time. She was wearing a tight, red, long sleeved shirt paired with a stunning black skirt that ended just above her knee. The outfit highlighted all of her best features and Trixie couldn't help but stare. Katya noticed that and smirked to herself.
"Well what do you say?" She asked again, acting oblivious to Trixie's staring. Trixie just then noticed Katya talking to her. "What? Oh heh yeah it's nice. It looks good on you I guess." Trixie tried to sound cool, when in reality she was a blushing mess. Katya chuckled and went back into the changing room.