Trust a Vampire? You've gotta be kidding me. Ch. 28

First sentence is the first line in a song! Guess the song!

Hint: It's by Papa Roach :)

==========================

Chapter 28: You Can't Control Me

We live in a cold dark world with venom in it's veins. A good portion of that venom was right behind me. Even with that thought in mind, I did something I had never done before. I turned my back to a foreign vampire, but I think the most important thing to do at the moment was calm down the furious, enraged, 275+ Vampire King that had nothing but genocide in his eyes. Yeah, he was mad. I tried to keep a cool head since his rage was affecting me a bit too, which was dangerous.

I seriously hope Harrow hadn't bruised me. "Jay, hold up. He didn't hurt me." He didn't hear me. Suddenly, Jay disappeared. A wind blew past me that I heard a yelp from behind me, so I quickly spun around. Harrow was kicking in the air and clawing at an invisible hand around his throat that was holding him six feet off the ground. Jay was now standing in front of him, looking up. All he was doing was glaring at the guy. He palm was face up and slowly tightening. Harrow didn't need oxygen. He needed a throat, though.

Kiziah backed away snarling from Jay. I ran up and grabbed his arm. "Jay, stop! He wasn't really going to hurt me." I didn't care much about the vampire, but he was a good fighter. Unlike most on the streets. I was having fun.

"He will die," Jay bellowed. His fingers continued to slowly close as I tried to pry them open.

"Jay, seriously! I'm fine!" I yelled. I was getting frustrated. Too frustrated.

"He attacked you. I won't let that happen again." Harrow's kicks started to grow weaker.

"Jay! Let him go!" I pleaded. I looked around for help. Kiziah couldn't help mostly since she didn't have an opposable thumb. Lexia didn't see anything wrong, so she just sat down. She was tense, though, because she could feel the stress. Kira and Jorgie stood upset a ways away, but they did nothing to stop him. Nobody did. Cause he was the fucking Vampire King.

Jay's hand was almost closed and nothing I could do would budge it. "JAY!" I screamed. Nothing. I felt anger rise in me. My own anger. I gave the strongest shove I could muster. He didn't budge once. Oh, fuck it. I'm tired of his fucking protection. I give the fuck up. "You know what? Just FUCK YOU JAY!" I spun around and ran out of the gym with Kiziah following. Lexia stayed with Jay. I guess he was still Master #1. I was out before I could see Jay drop Harrow in surprise and horror.

I didn't have the patience to run down the stairs. Along the hallway were windows that allowed light to illuminate it. That was my exit.

In a burst of glass, I jumped out the window and I headed for the trees. Kiziah was right beside me.

Jorgie POV

Her words rang in my ears, even though they weren't to me. I couldn't believe she had said that to Pureblood Jay. That took some balls. 

Back to the matter at hand. Leila just ran off to God knows where, and Jay is just standing there, struck stupid by Leila's words. Everyone was. We couldn't comprehend her words. They just didn't make sense because...Jay was just too respected. You just can't put "fuck you" and "Jay" in the same sentence. It doesn't work out. But...Leila did that.

He was an excellent ruler. Jay had ended his father's terrible reign when we were always on the brink of war with some race about thirty years back. He was just so amiable to usually everything, but Jay was aloof and secretive. Jay could find a solution to just about any problem. Except when that problem was living. And its name was Leila.