Trust a Vampire? You've gotta be kidding me. Ch. 3

Boo still no comments for my latest ones :(

Oh well! At least I have over 100 reads! I now know 100 people out there thought my story was half-decent! :)

Sad chapter next!

======================================

I stepped out of the shower, refreshed and ready for my big surprise. I was more excited than a teenager's sweet 16. Quickly, I toweled off the water, shaking like a dog a little. My wet hair slapped me in the face as I turned with a wet plop. I slid my hair of my eyes. It clung to my skin with cold defiance.

I ran back to my room to get the clothes that I'd burst out of later because of excitement. Oh, I knew Trace had something good for me and I couldn't wait to know! Tomorrow seemed years away as I thought about waiting. I'm pretty sure this was the most excited I had ever been in my life.

I opened the door to my comfortably messy room, and walked in nude. Dirty and clean clothes were strewn about on the wooden floor. I felt my foot nudge one, and I bent down to smell it if it was dirty or not. I grimaced as a pungent odor tickled my nose. I really needed to do laundry. I straightened back up to scout for clean ones in an ominous pile by my closet. Only to realize that Trace was in there with me.The teeny difference from before was that this time I was totally unclothed. I wasn't afraid in showing Trace my breasts, he'd probably seen enough. It didn't take me long to realize that not all of Trace's trips out of our home were for business, but there was no way he'd see anything in the basement.

I ran back inside the bathroom to grab a towel, instantly pissed off that Trace had been in my room unannounced. I snatched a towel off the rack and wrapped it around my body. I stormed back outside angrily to lead him out by a soon-to-be baseball bat stuck up his ass.

"Trace! What the hell! Get out of my room!" I yelled at him, fuming. I grabbed a baseball bat that had been happily reclining against my closet door. When I looked back up, I realized Trace hadn't moved. He was unusually still. I couldn't even see him breathing. Trace was facing the only window in my room, just staring out of it. It made me nervous and I twitched and narrowed my eyes. Since his face was turned away from me, I couldn't see his eyes.

Trace could never lie to me to my face. Seriously, anyway. His eyes always gave it away. He could hide things from me. By hide, I didn't mean anything sneaky. He just plain did not tell me. I had lived long enough with him to know the difference between his lies and his secrets. So when I knew he was hiding to me, I had three options. I could a) figure it out for myself (which I rarely ever did because it was insanely hard, to figure it out. I'm pretty sure I could come up with a cure to AIDS before I could crack one of Trace's secrets I was not meant to find out) or b) play the wait game until he decides to let me in (also a rare occurrence) OR c) get on my knees and beg until I wear down his patience. Option C would never happen because I was too prideful to ever beg to him.

But Trace's eyes were hidden by his hair, so I couldn't see what was on his face. Growling to myself, I stomped up to him in indignation, still holding the baseball bat with bloody intent. I craned my head up to look at his face. The damn guy had over a head on my height. He often made fun of me for my shortness. "Trace! What are you doing in here!" I demanded. He still didn't move. Jesus, it was like Medusa had turned him to stone.

I peered out of the clear window, looking for some sort of danger. But I didn't see anything in the shadows of the trees of our backyard. Well it wasn't exactly our backyard. We lived in an apartment, on the ground floor with a couple above us, but they never went out into the back, so Trace and I dominated. Our apartment was located in front of a cute little forest. The shadow's quivered with the wind, but I couldn't see anything. I had excellent eyesight, too, so I doubt I'd miss it.