Trust a Vampire? You've gotta be kidding me. Ch. 24

Chapter 24: I love you, so I'm leaving you.

I stared along with all the girls as Jay strolled into the room. They stared because they were struck stupid 'cause the guy is hot. I have to admit it. I stared 'cause I was surprised as hell. Kiziah sat up, saw Jay, and sat back down.

Jay looked up and smiled at me briefly before he turned to the lady who had walked him in. I now get why she had been walking like a slut now.

"Everyone say good morning to Mr. Soar!" she chirped like a cheerleader. All the girls chorused the greetings enthusiastically, except me. I really disliked their excitement. The guys looked like they could care less.

"Good morning students. I will be your teacher for some time while Mrs. Hale is on vacation," Jay informed. I wonder what he had done to her. "I am also the gym teacher for two periods." Gee, I wonder which ones. Hmm, could it be fifth and sixth? "Fifth and sixth." Ding ding ding. What do I win?

I hated the way some girls started playing with their hair, trying to get it just perfect for Jay. Prolls even tugged down on her already low-necked shirt. He's mine bitches, I thought in my head.

"I would like to get to know all of you. One by one, I would like you all to stand up, say your name, and tell me something interesting about yourself," Jay said.

Each girl stood and said some pointless fact that they thought Jay would find sexy. My mood traveled farther and farther south with each girl.

I was last to say something. After Jordan had told everyone that he's been mountain climbing, skiing, and kayaking, they all waited for me to stand up and say something. I pointedly ignored it all. Jordan nudged my shoulder. "Tera. It's your turn."

"I know," I said simply.

"It is your turn, person in the back row," Jay called.

I glared at him and stood up. "My name is Tera Dawn." I sat back down quickly.

"You forgot to mention something interesting," he reminded.

"There's nothing you need to know about me," I spat. I felt a wave of his confusion assault me, that quickly turned into immense sorrow. I was impressed because his face held nothing to hint of the emotion he was feeling. Jay only raised his eyebrow at me.

"Miss Dawn!" the lady who introduced Jay cried shrilly. "You do not address an adult in such a manner! You may stay here after school with Mr. Soar to get to know him." Usually, I'd be overjoyed to spend time with Jay--which I do enough. Now while there was a thunder cloud hanging over me, I couldn't decide whether I hated or loved it. So I shrugged. A few girls turned around to glare at me, so I scowled and flipped them off while Jay and the lady weren’t looking. Well, Jay probably had an eye on me constantly.

"Very well. Can someone tell me what your last lesson was?" I tried to ignore the amount of frail hands that shot up. Jay pointed to one and she started speaking. I zoned out, trying to leave my situation and my emotions behind.

After a while, Jay gave us some work to do. I was still oblivious to everything so Jordan had to bring me back down to Earth. "What?" I snapped.

Jordan held up his hands. "Easy, Tera. Just had to tell you we have work to do now. Why don't you like the new teacher?"

I tried to shake my cloud. "Sorry. It's complicated. So what's the work?"

Jordan grinned. "Wow, I wish I could read your mind. You seem so mysterious sometimes. But, anyway, it's page 556. We can still share my book if you want." His eyes looked so hopeful.