Trust a Vampire? You've gotta be kidding me. Ch. 36

Chapter 36: A Change

The next day either surpassed or matched the enjoyment I had the day before.

As I winced at the pain that was being inflicted by the tugging on my long hair in the evening glow, I reminisced over the day's events.

Trace had let me sleep through class... which I was very grateful for. Learning the history of Canada was more entertaining than half of my classes. My attendance rate was lower than wannabe gangster's pants.

Trace had just finished taking a shower as he walked out in just a towel slung over his hips. That gave me some ideas. Miraculously, not him, though. He almost forcefully pushed me into the bathroom, ordering me to get ready.

When I finished, I walked out to find Trace having a conversation with the now-awake Kiziah. Well, he was talking and she was nodding along. It was obvious by the distance between the two that Kiziah still disliked him, but her tail was wagging furiously, so whatever he was saying was making her happy. Lexia was beside her, looking back and forth between the two.

As soon as Trace noticed me, he murmured something which ended the conversation. I was so intrigued by the two of them conversing that I didn't noticed the cherry red bikini laid out on my now-dressed bed. It barely could pass for public exposure, so I was positive Trace picked it out.

A golden ring connected the halves of the top piece, while two golden feathers linked the bottom at each side. It took me half a second to guess what it was for.

So we spent the day at a waterpark. It was the first time I raced down a waterslide. It was the first time I dove in a pool not to hunt down my target (which I had done that too many times) who thought I'd be stupid enough not to check the backyard pool. It was the first time I had ridden in a go-cart in the arcade room. They had a big arcade room. I learned what a game simulator is.

And to plop that cherry on top, Trace was taking me out to dinner. The only negative part to this was that I had to dress up. I really didn't want to go to some fancy ass restaurant, but after such a great day, there was no way I could complain without being a selfish bitch.

But still, I had to remember what Trace had given me to put up with the pain Kira and Jorgie were putting me through as they combed through my tangled hair. I had never paid much attention to the thing...only kept it well enough so it wouldn't get in my way.

I hissed as Kira wasn't too gentle while she tried forcing out a particular stubborn knot by pulling all of my hair out of its roots. "Watch it, will you!" I warned. Kiziah laughed by my feet while Kira just snorted. I glared at Kiziah, but Jorgie forced my head back into position. "Shutup, dog."

"Don't you want to be perfect for Trace?" Jorgie asked as she plugged something in.

"I'll never be perfect, so I'm not going to try," I answered moodily as I crossed my arms over my chest. Kira sharply told me to quit moving so much. I pouted.

After twenty minutes of tearing out half my hair, the Pureblood finally exclaimed, "Done!" I sighed in relief.

"Finally," I said, turning around. "So where is my dress?" I eyed some odd, black and golden object that Jorgie held. There was a sort of handle to push down on I think. On the end of it was a golden road. The steam coming from it made me uneasy.

"Not just yet," Kira informed me. "We need to curl your hair."

"With what?" I asked stupidly.

"This." Jorgie held up the steaming object.

"And what is that?" Yet another probably stupid question.

Kira blinked. "Leila, that's a curling iron. The heat curls your hair and makes it stay that way."