Trust a Vampire? You've gotta be kidding me. Ch. 12

Who knows how this chapter will end? I don't even know. That's the beauty of it, so I'll be just as surprised as yall! :)

==========================

Chapter 12: Your House, My Rules

Leila POV

I picked Kiziah up, beaming maliciously down on my puppy. Kiziah was a good name. I thought it fit my warm-hearted puppy.

I sat down on the torn sofas and took in all our hard work. The vases were destroyed, the sound system torn apart, there was now a mysterious giant hole in Jay's ridiculously-sized TV, and I'm pretty sure Kiziah had relieved herself and sharpened her claws on most of the couches. Pay. Back. Bitch. I was amazed that not one of his servants had come in to see what the ruckus was about. I didn't feel like keeping quiet. Maybe they were too afraid of getting hit with a vase. I had a feeling they knew what I was up to, though.

Kiziah furiously licked my hand with affection. It smarted a little bit because of the bite she generously gave me earlier. I petted her matted hair softly. "We really need to give you a bath, Kiki." If only I knew where a bathroom was first of all. I suppose I could ask the staff. The key word is could. I could do a lot of things. I could climb Mount Everest. I could go on a twenty-mile marathon. I could slap Sarah Palin silly. Ask the vampire staff for directions? Hell no. Go explore for a bathroom on my own? Sure, why not.

I looked down to my stomach as it roared. Usually I'm not hungry for at least another day after I've eaten. I guess going on a rampage after Jay must have tired me out. And destroying his room. Might as well raid his kitchen while I'm here. 'Don't indulge yourself in his pleasures, Leila,' I thought harshly.

I set Kiziah on the floor and headed for the nearest stairs. It was one of those fancy, curved stairs that only rich people had which gave me the idea that Jay was loaded. He wasn't as much of a brat as I would think with all this money. Shit, was that just a compliment? Or something close to it... Either way, I was getting too soft on him.

With my scrawny puppy on my heels--she had a good amount of energy for her lack of food--I sped up the stairs, my feet absolutely silent, and I nearly ran over a hissing maid in the process. I stopped just in time to only run into her flat chest. As far as I was concerned, this was enough of a challenge for vampires to start a fight. I was desperately hoping she would throw the first punch. Eh, if she attacked me, I'd just kill her in "self-defense". There are too many of those bloodsuckers to go around.

"Watch it, bloodsucker," I provoked. A lot of vampires hated that term and I was hoping she was one of them. I could easily tell the vampire was rather young. Her stance was clumsy and it surprised me how much I surprised her. The female was obviously untrained. God, I could wipe the floor with her in less than a minute.

She looked only fourteen. It was sad she just as tall as me. The maid's eyes narrowed from a blooming yellow to a nasty jade green. So green was her color of anger. Another mistake. She gave away her emotions way too easily. She was rather pretty with her blond hair that haloed a round, youthful face. They eyes set in her face were ugly as hell, though. I couldn't wait to mess it up. She could clean herself up with her bloody maid uniform.

My opinion for Jay dropped as my eyebrows rose as I took in the girl's outfit. Couldn't he have chosen something more original than the ugly ass black-and-white traditional clothes. I was a little disappointed when I didn't see the feather duster anywhere on her body.

Kiziah stood beside my legs. Her growl shocked and amused me a little. It was much stronger than I would have guessed for a dog of her size and state. I was going to train this puppy to be a fighting machine like me. Just happier.