Trust a Vampire? You've gotta be kidding me. Ch. 13

Just finished a stupid English project...it took me four hours...

Kinda tired so if this chapter sucks...eff it.

==================================

Chapter 13: Meet the Council

Jay POV (yay right)

I dashed from the room faster than her eyes could follow. She was definitely going to give me hell for that. I winced a little and hesitated my next step when I heard Leila's screeching voice boom from the lounge. Okay, leaving her may have seemed funny at first, but now not so much... I had really kicked this relationship between the nuts and it was down on the ground.

Strangely enough, I didn't hear Leila's threatening footsteps pounding towards me. She just continued to scream my name. I would have preferred it in another situation...

'Shutup, Jay. She doesn't like you and she never will,' I thought ruthlessly to myself. She can't anyway or that would lead to a whole mess of trouble. Why wasn't she following? Maybe she was actually going to be a good girl for once. Yeah, and that's when Sarah Palin becomes president.

I slowed down to a walk as I neared the grand doors, Leila's voice still ringing in my ears. I glanced at my watch and started to speed up my pace, rolling my eyes. I was so fucking late. The council was going to nag me to death for this. Again. You would have though after stating: "I will be late to almost all the meetings because I don't give a shit about them." I didn't give a shit because usually everything they said was bullshit. It was tedious having to deal with them, but if I killed them, then I alone would have to deal with the entire vampire population. It was more than you'd think, but no where near enough to match the human population. And I had my hands full with Leila.

"Kane," I said to the air. A moment later, my butler was strolling at my side.

"Sir?" he said in a loyal voice. God, I hated it. He only adored me because of my power like everyone else. I wouldn't have a staff at all if it wasn't for this over-sized mansion my father had left me. I bet he was frowning up on me in hell.

"Place the strongest men you have at each door of the house. Under no circumstances should you let the human outside unless there is an intruder and you are forced to evacuate," I ordered curtly. Yeah, this was highly unlikely, but I liked to take precautions. "And do not engage in any contact with the human. Repeat this to the rest of the staff."

A confused expression overtook my butler's face and his gray eyes took to yellow. "Why such security for only a human?" It wasn't in Kane's nature to question my orders, so this must have really confused him.

Because she will rip your throat out, you piece of crap. Ignoring Kane's question, I pushed open the doors and walked outside onto the dry, snowed-on grass. I hope no dirt stuck to my nice Italian shoes. I paid a good deal for these. "Just do not touch her under ANY circumstances. Not even if she attacks you," I commanded harshly. I could honestly care less if she killed any of my staff. They were annoying like dogs and easy to replace.

Dogs...What did Leila see in that dog of hers? I honestly couldn't see anything impressive about the flea-infested animal, but I was oh, so very jealous of it. Leila's guard immediately went down in front of the animal. It hadn't even come to us, she had gone to it. Why? What did that dog have that I didn't? Why couldn't I drop Leila's defenses like that dog had so easily did. She loved it, and it had bitten her!

I took my time crossing the expanse of the clearing. My hand ran through my thick hair. Wow, I could not believe I was jealous of that mutt, but I really was. Waaay more than I should have been. I sighed a heavy breath just as an incessant ringing of a bell sounded in my ears. It would continue until I showed up. I would go mad if I blew them off since it would go on and on. They must be really annoyed to start calling me already. I mean I wasn't that late.