Trust a Vampire? You've gotta be kidding me. Ch. 25

Sorry, Jorgiie and ch3y, but the important part was pushed back cause I ended last chapter that way. xD

====================

Chapter 25: I don't care. She's my friend too!

Jorgie POV

I was getting a bit anxious. Lunch had ended over ten minutes ago, but Leila was still not back yet. I shouldn't worry though. They probably just got carried away and lost track of time. Some vampires just can't hold themselves back. But now that Jay was going to be the teacher, I'd think he'd be a bit more responsible than this. I sighed to myself. The vampire race expects too much. He is still so young.

I trained my mind back on the simple pull-ups I was doing. Gym would be such a bore if I didn't have my friends in here. Humans are so much kinder than vampires. Wonder what had happened to Leila that made her so bitter against both species? And I was the package in one. I was glad I was able to make her more...amiable towards us, though.

I did a few more pull-ups when I dropped down. The next second, the door leading outside the school burst open. Finally they are back. Except, it wasn't they. Leila was the only one to rush through the door. She ran straight to the girls' locker room. Kinda late to get changed.

I smacked myself upside the head. Well, of course they couldn't come back together! I was so stupid.

I waited a couple seconds for Jay to come through the other entrance. But he didn't. Then, I realized Leila had come in alone. Not even Kiziah was with her. Either Kiziah was taking a dump outside or something was wrong.

"Keela!" I yelled. She spun around a little too fast to look at me. Rick was sitting on the bleachers talking to her. The girl was hot. She'd have any boy around her finger, but she didn't look very interested in anything human.

I waved to get her over here. Rick stood up with her, but she sat him back down. Keela walked quickly over to me.

"Come with me to Leila. Something is wrong," I whispered quietly. She nodded and we walked over there.

"Jorgie, you need to be cautious of her if you speak to her," Keela warned ominously. I gave her a weird look. What could be dangerous about Leila? Well, I mean she could kill me if she wanted, but I didn't think she wanted to. "She...She might be a little unstable. Leila is not normal, Jorgie. Keep that in mind."

We walked in the locker room and found Leila digging through her bookbag. Keela closed the door behind us. I don't think Leila even noticed us.

We approached her. "Leila? Where are Kiziah and Jay?" I asked.

I didn't expect it. Leila swung around with a gun poised at my head. I didn't budge an inch. "W-what are you doing, Leila?" I whispered.

"Put it down," Keela said slowly, but calmly. How the hell was she calm? Leila had a fucking gun to us? Well, rather me. I guess your okay when the gun ain't pointed at your forehead. But was going insane or something?

Leila swung the gun towards Keela. She didn't blink. I looked carefully at Leila. She wasn't hurt at all that I could tell. Her eyes told a different story. They were frantic and wild. They searched the room as if waiting for something to grab her. Madness was in her eyes. And they were no longer her normal midnight black. They were lighter. A stormy grayish. As if she had put a dab of white in them.

"Kirara. Go home. Check on Jay. Grab a human. He needs it," she said in short sentences. I was confused. Why would he need blood? Maybe he was hungry. But I thought that Leila would have been the supplier.