Lake Time (Valt x Free)

With Valt's maturity came his new found serenity. His temper mellowed out, he stopped yelling so much, and it's become much more difficult to piss him off or even annoy him. In addition he began hanging out in the forest much more. Mostly because he had wondered across a lake he became quiet fond of.

The water was a beautiful crystal blue, sparkled like a daimond, and was as still and calm as a relaxed sloth. Today Valt decided to take a dip. Since he was wearing his swimming trunks underneath his clothes, he simply dressed down when he got there, and stepped into the water. It was nice and warm. No surprise since it was summer in Spain.

He walked in until his feet no longer touched the ground. He then began floating, along with the swans, who didn't mind he was there. He closed his eyes, letting the warmth of the water lul him. However soon after something grabbed his side. This sent the poor boy into panik mode.

His steady breathing was thrown off, and he shunk below the water. He flailed a bit, corrected himself and, got his head above the water.

"Sorry, are you okay?"

Valt moved his hair, that was down and obviously wet, out of his eyes to see Free giving a rather apologetic look. The bluenette smiled as if nothing had happened.

"I'm fine. So what brings you here?" Valt tilted his head cutely

Free felt his face heat up, but remained cool.

"You're not the only one who hangs around here. It's just luck of the draw that we both decided to swim today."

"Well in that case luck is great today." Valt gave a closed smile

Free's heart skipped a beat. They began swimming around with the swans, who still didn't mind they were there. They soon began messing around and roughhousing with each other. Later on they got out, since they were getting tired.

Neither had brought a towel. Mostly because they both wanted to stay in the forest as long as possible. After all it was a break from the rush of the other bladers, and the abundance of training. Whether if it was for themselves or helping others.

Valt yawned and laid in the grass, where the sun shone down. He closed his eyes feeling the warmth begin to dry his body. Moments later Free laid down beside him.

"When do you plan on coming back here?" Free asked

"Sometime this week. I'm not entirely sure." Valt responded

Free smiled at that. The blue haired boy then cuddled up to him. They were both on the verge of sleep and this lulled them there faster. A few hours later they were woke up by someone shaking them.

They opened their eyes, yawned, and looked up to. Kris was looking at them smiling. Valt, finally getting his senses back, blushed as he realized Free's arm was around him.

"Sleep well?" Kris asked smiling like a child receiving a new toy

"Maybe." Valt mumbled blushing

Kris giggled at that response, and Free just rolled his eyes.