🏀TWENTY SEVEN

"Shamira, look

"Shamira, look. Let me call you back aiight?" Quan said, letting out a deep breath.

"Call me back? I just told you ~"

"I know what you told me" Quan spat, cutting Shamira off as his eyes were still burning through his little brother, "I'll call you back"

He hung up before she could respond, not exactly in the right headspace to deal with her. He was sure she was just trying to get his attention because he was finally treating her how she treated him, but there would be no way of knowing until he had time to address that situation.

"Where is it?" Quan asked, knowing Ty was well aware of what he was referring to.

"Where's what?" He acted clueless.

"Ty, don't fucking play with me, start talking now!" He demanded.

Ty's face fell flat and he hung his head low, next revealing the gun from behind his back. Quan let out a breath of relief, but not hesitating to snatch it from his brother's hand.

"I just came in here to see if I could borrow a pair of sneaks, and I found that. I was just looking at it" he kissed his teeth, "What are you doing with it anyway?"

"Don't worry about it" Quan told him, "And don't lie to me, we don't even wear the same shoe size"

Ty twisted his mouth because he knew his brother was right, but he didn't expect Quan to think that quick on his feet.

"You're selling drugs, aren't you? That's what everybody is saying about you"

"That's none of you or everybody else's business" Quan shrugged, "And don't try to change the subject"

The two battled looks, Ty losing only a few seconds later. With three years between them, Quan also had a few inches and definitely more build than his little brother. He knew he could win a tussle without even breaking a sweat, so Ty figured he might as well not waste any more time.

"Fine" he gave in, letting his shoulders fall, "I was here trying to borrow something..anything really. But then I came across the gun, and I figured that could solve my problem"

"What problem?" Quan asked, all ears.

"The kids at school...one guy specifically. Always making jokes about me whenever we have a dress down day"

"So what, you were going to shoot him for cracking on you?" Quan raised his brow.

"I was just going to scare him" Ty kissed his teeth.

"Ty, I understand where you're coming from. Kids used to tease me too ~"

"Not anymore, not ever since you've been skipping and popping up with new sneaks and new clothes. So are those rumors true? That makes sense with the gun and all"