🏀TWELVE

Since the sleepover was now moved to Sasha's house, Lux informed her that she would have to go home to grab her things for the night; And after calling to make sure her parents had already left the city, Sasha hoped she would be in the clear

"Okay, so my brother says he's around the corner. He's going to take me to get my clothes, and then to your house. Cool?" Lux informed Sasha as the two walked down back trail of the school.

"Yeah, that's cool" Sasha nodded.

Spotting the Honda Civic swerve around the corner, Lux knew that was her brother due to the fact that he was the only one she knew who drove like a fool. She gestured Sasha along, and as they approached she rolled her eyes to see Don once again.

"Hey ya'll, this is my friend Sasha" she smiled uneasily as she slid into the car.

Sasha slid in next, and Don gave her a nod.

"What's up, I'm guessing you the one that got my little sister on track...respect" Lucious nodded.

"Boy" Lux laughed and Sasha shook her head with a chuckle.

"No, that's all her. She's smart" Sasha smirked at Lux who blushed, and Don peeped the flirtatious exchange in the mirror.

"So you a cheerleader huh?" He asked looking back at Sasha, "You don't look like you cheer" he snickered.

"Bro, what the fuck does a cheerleader look like?" Lucious kissed his teeth at his friend.

"She's on the basketball team actually" Lux snarled, "You should be a dentist how you always in my fucking mouth. Loud and wrong"

"Damn Lux, go easy on my mans" Lucious laughed.

Don slit his eyes, and didn't respond as he just looked out the window. He conspicuously watched Lux in the back seat during the entire duration, and he was smart enough to know her and Sasha weren't just friends. The way that Lux looked at Sasha, she looked at him once. And even if it was only for a short summer, a part of him felt she would always be his.

"Alright, I'll be quick" Lux said hopping out of the car as soon as Lucious pulled up to the house.

Lucious hopped out as well, leaving the two strangers in the car. Sasha scrolled in her phone, waiting patiently whereas Don was focused more so on her than anything else.

"So, you and Lux" he started, "Ya'll a thing?".

He tried to chuckle to make his question seem innocent, not trying to come off as jealous.

Sasha shrugged, "We're friends"

"Yeah we were friends once" he smirked to himself, "I know you young but you can keep it real. You gay right?"

While that wasn't Sasha's first time being asked that question, it never made her feel uncomfortable as if someone was reading her or judging her. It was as if she wore the words on her forehead and people just had to know. Lux always said it was because of the way she dressed, as she spent most of her time in ball sneaks and sweats and her posture was that of a boy's.
Sasha didn't know it, but her laid back attitude and coy but smooth talking was the exact persona that most boys tried to pull off but failed. Lux wasn't the only one to notice either, as girls in school began to know Sasha as the curly haired girl in Zay's squad that they all wished would them out, not knowing she was more of virgin than a nun.