C20

We have made the place more... glamorous to say the least. We have beds instead of holes dug into the wall that are lined with stolen plastic. We have more equipment, we have more weapons, and there's more to come. In fact it'll be here in less than an hour. I walk into the armory to see them. All of them. I see Waxer, Boil, Red, Hacksaw, D, Chuck, Angel, and yet another new trooper named Dean. Dean is like Waxer and Boil, he's learning. He is still in his 212th standard armor. Just like Waxer and Boil. Angel, D, and Chuck have more personalized armor. Angel now has a reconnaissance visor, doc and chuck have the same, but she also has a heart on the top right of her helmet. And a different pattern. Chuck has a bag at his side that has tons of thermals, and a belt that goes from his right shoulder to his left part of his waist. Doc has a backpack that has a medical logo on it that has medical supplies, and a holster for a DC-17. I see them all getting weapons. Chuck gets a DC-15LE that he was given, D gets a DC-15S and a DC-17, Angel gets a Valken-38X, Waxer gets a regular DC-15, and so does Red and Dean, Boil and Hacksaw get a DC-15S. I walk over and grab a backpack, and in it I put multiple MREs, five cameras, an extra DC-17, and a DC-15S. I then get the other weapons. An IQA-11 and a pair of DC-17's. I see Chuck look at me out of the corner of my eye, and then the bag. He whistles.
Chuck: And here I thought that I had a lot.
I look up at him as the others look at the back.
Angel: Are you really gonna need that much?
Me: Yes, we'll be out for a while, and we head out at 22:30 which is less than an hour away.
With that I leave, and go outside to wait for our BARC Speeders. Less than a minute now. Within a little more than a minute the LAATs arrive. I walk up to the head LAAT and knock on the body of the aircraft. I see one of the pilots walk out. I walk to him.
Me: You're late.
I jokingly say to him, and in response he gave a small chuckle.
Flash: Names Flash, and you?
Me: Spirit, Lieutenant Spirit of the 212th Attack Battalion Reconnaissance Division.
Flash: That's a mouthful, what do you think about the OP?
Me: I feel that it's important for the operation that we are carrying out down here.
Flash: Well, it's important I'll say that. I gotta go, I'll see you around Spirit.
Me: See you around, maybe when we get back to that Venator.
Flash: Yep, well goodbye.
Me: Goodbye
With that he leaves. I watch and listen as the LAATs fly away. I walk to the cargo, and I inspect the content of the shipment. Ammo, guns, tools, food, and the vehicles. I move over to the side of
Me: 212th Attack Battalion, fall in on me, one man front!
They all line up one by one, and all in a single file line. Just like I ordered.
Me: Left face!
They do so, and I walk in front of them to the center of the formation. I walk about 9 meters away, and turn back around. And brief them.
Me: Any questions?
There are no responses. We saddle up, two men per speeder. I get on one, and Angel gets on the back. We ride to the road side, and we do so with such efficiency in this hot, scorching, death causing place known as Vietnam. We make it and get off. I toss two cameras to Chuck, and he nods.
Me: D, Angel, Waxer, Boil, Red you stay here and take out any threats, and protect the speeders.
They all get to a position.
Me: Hacksaw, Chuck, Dean you're with me.
We walk into the forest and we place the cameras. I walk up to a tree that's right next to the path way, and I set the last camera right next to it. I look behind me at Dean, Hacksaw, and Chuck.
Me: Alright Obje-
I get cut off my the sound of blaster fire... from a particular sounding E-5. It plays in my mind again this time I cannot stop the tears. I bawl, and bawl. I run.
Me: C-Come on! If you f-fucking die!
I run, without giving the order to follow they do so anyways. I run full speed it isn't enough, I drop my bag... it isn't enough. I drop my bag. it still isn't enough. I hear speeders behind me. Blasters... blasters... screams. I hear screams. I rip my helmet off my head and run, the tears flying off my face, the world is going slow. I hear blasters behind me. I see them all around, and then I see speeders go by, and towards the guys. I get there, but not in time. I see D, on the ground with a blaster bolt burn right in the center of the chest. I hear his screams.
D: Oh God! It burns! It burns!
I rush over to him, and I rip the helmet off his head. I speak.
Me: D calm down! Stop screaming it takes to much energy, just stay with us!
He looks at me his life slowly fading away.
D: Please, just go! Leave me to.. die
Me: I- no we cannot do that!
D: Sir, j-just please don't let me be forgotten.
I hear footsteps behind me. Chuck.
Chuck: We almo- D!
He rushes to me and D.
Chuck: No, please no, not you too!
D: C-Chuck.. Ace.. p-please.. don't.. go
He speaks in a slow voice
Me: This is my fault!
D: N-No... A-Ace
I see him go limp. His eyes still open, I feel him breathing his last cold breath. He is dead, nothing can change that. I cry over his dead body. I scream in agony, in horror, in fear, and anger. I stand up bawling. I look towards the droids.
Me: You did this! I'll kill you!
I run towards the droids and unholster both of my DC-17's. I shoot, and shoot, and shoot. My weapon over-heats and I run to a droid and tackle it. I commando droid. I punch it in the face probably one-thousand times. I yell at its broken face.
Me: You.. Killed.. My.. Friend.. You.. Bitch!
I yelled punching it and crying over it. Eventually I stop. My arms go down. And I pass out.