Magic

Lucy and Levy were sitting on Levy's bed looking at Lucy's new gate keys. Both were admiring them when Lucy suddenly gasped.

"I haven't made an actual contract with any of them! They gave me their keys, but I haven't made a contract!"

"Then hurry up and make a contract!" Levy watched in amusement as Lucy scrambled to make a contract with all her new spirits.

Once Lucy had gotten through all her spirits, she was ready to pass out. She was just laying on the floor staring at the ceiling and Levy was watching her from where she sat on her bed.

"Can you help me up to the deck. I want to lay on the deck in the sun."

"Sure Lu-chan," Levy laughed as her friend tried to get up off the floor.

Lucy and Levy struggled up the stairs and onto the deck. Eventually, they ran into Gajeel who ended up carrying Lucy to a chair that was near the front of the ship. Gajeel gently put Lucy in the chair and left the two girls alone. Eventually, Levy left Lucy alone so she could get some sleep.

Lucy woke up hours later and felt something heavy on her lap. She opened her eyes and saw Happy laying on her lap. Natsu was also watching her while leaning against the ship's railing.

"What are you doing?"

"Waiting for you to get up. Did you know you've been asleep for four and a half hours? I was worried."

"Oh. I'm fine, I promise. I just used a lot of magic making contracts with all my new Spirits."

"New Spirits? When did you get new Spirits?"

"Oh right, I forgot to tell you. I got new Spirits that belonged to my mother while I was in my family's castle."

"How many do you have now?"

"Ten of the twelve Zodiac keys."

"You made contracts with nine Zodiac keys today! No wonder you're so tired. Well, since you really can't practice sword fighting for a while, we could work on using magic if you want."

"Really, that would be really useful. Can we start tomorrow? I'm still really tired. I think I'll just stay here for the night though, I'm rather comfortable."

"Ok then Luce. I'll stay out here with you so you won't freeze out here."

"Thank you."

Lucy had curled back up in her chair and Natsu sat on the floor leaning against the side of it.

Lucy woke up first and saw that the sun had just begun to peak up from the horizon. She carefully got out of her chair, she didn't want to wake Natsu, and walked over to the edge of the ship and watched the sunrise. She was in the farthest corner of the ship because it had the best view.

Natsu woke up a few minutes after and Lucy and was confused when she wasn't in her chair. He looked around but couldn't see her. He then got worried and was running around the deck looking for her when he finally spotted her. She was leaning over the railing and was watching the sunrise. He watched her for another moment before joining her by the railing.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" Lucy asked once Natsu showed up next to her.

"No, I normally wake up this early. You did give me a bit of a scare though when I couldn't find you."

"I'm sorry for that then. I just wanted to watch the sunrise and this was the best spot I could find."

"I know of a better spot, but I'll need to carry you there. I don't think you'd be able to reach it without my help." Natsu had a small smirk on his face at his comment and Lucy's small blush.