It's Going To Be Ok

Lucy drummed her fingers on the bed, she was feeling anxious. She was lost in thought, it had been about fifteen minutes since the doctor left and she couldn't shake this feeling. The feeling that something was off.

Why had Natsu smelt so much blood? That had been bothering her the entire time. Then there was their daughter...who was a bit unusual and seemed depressed before she had left earlier. The cure didn't make sense and Lucy was honestly still confused as to why Natsu had to be taken to surgery. If the eggs were small enough to be circulating in the bloodstream then how the hell could they pick them out by hand like the doctor had hinted towards?

Things just weren't adding up here.

A familiar blue color entered Lucy's vision, apparently, Wendy was showing Lucy's friends the way to Lucy's room.

"You are looking better," Erza stated with a small smile. Gajeel seemed to just ignore everyone else in the room while Gray nodded slightly. The cat jumped up on the bed and sat in her lap.

She almost pushed him off. It wasn't that she didn't like the cat...it was just still a little creepy to her. Wendy turned to leave.

"Hey wait!" Lucy shouted Erza stepped in front of Wendy to stop her from leaving as soon as Lucy sounded. It was nice having Erza around. The young girl let out a small noise of shock but slowly turned back around to face her.

"W-What do you want?" She asked, turning back around to face Lucy, all eyes were on her.

"Not much, I just wanted to ask you some questions since you're so smart." Lucy smiled.

"O-oh...well I was just l-leaving before..." Her eyes widened and her mouth snapped shut like she had said something wrong.

"Before what?" Gajeel spoke up from the corner, his voice intimidating and low. He stared at her from across the room.

"Nothing! Before nothing!" Wendy was shaking, her lip quivered as she spoke. The girl seemed terrified. Why? There shouldn't be anything to be upset over right now. It wasn't calming Lucy's nerves.

Lucy placed Happy beside her, sliding up the bed she walked up to Wendy.

"Wendy, before what?" Lucy asked, kneeling so she was more on Wendy's level. She tried to keep her voice quiet and calm.

"B-B...Before you guys find out!" Wendy cried, tears streaming down her cheeks.

Natsu couldn't take his eyes off the scene before him. To say he was shocked was an understatement. One of the doctors noticed his gaze as he prepped around Natsu.

"Oh honey, couldn't you have cleaned up?" It was the husband that spoke.

"Why? We are just going to dirty our hands again, might as well gather all the trash up in one big swoop."

Trash? Natsu's eye twitched.

"He seems to know the boy though, such a sin to see someone you know dead before you die yourself. This guy's last moments aren't very cheery at all!" Then he laughed.

The kind of laugh that would come after some kind of funny joke. Natsu didn't find any of this funny. His eyes ripped off Conner to stare up at the doctors.

He was beginning to understand, Natsu narrowed his eyes at the female. She was stretching gloves onto her hands.

"Oh? Are you upset?" She giggled, her hand running down his neck and slowly pulling off his scarf. "Do you want to know why little Conner had to die? You see, there are people who will pay very good money to have a second shot at life. A man with a sick son perhaps. He goes to the black market and specially orders some organs, we take a look around and do what we can. Little Conner here just turned ripe enough for us to harvest his organs, so to speak. We finished making sure he didn't have anything wrong with him first. Whatever we take out we put in the freezer to be shipped away. Then we get money in return, a lot of money. People are gullible, they don't understand medical terms, sometimes you can even bump up the price just because of their ignorance." Now she pulled his toque off, dropping it onto the floor with his scarf.