Steak Out...Or Fish Out?

The production of the Dragon II had started and was on its way to becoming their next home. Once Natsu and Lucy got back to town they met up with the rest of their small crew and discussed what was to be done. It had been a quick discussion actually, Natsu had explained quickly.

There had been lots of questions about where the money came from, Natsu had watched Lucy the whole time she explained, a lie of course. She had said that she had known Ratchin before which was a partial truth since they were both royalty and he simply agreed to help her out since they had been acquaintances before. Natsu almost breathed an obvious sigh of relief when she didn't tell them what actually happened.

Happy and Charla were sent back to the other members of the crew to report what had happened and to tell them to make their way to town. All the possessions would have to be left there near the shore, hidden until the ship was done. They were asked to bring anything they would need for the next week or so. That was when the fun part began, Tim's face was surprised at first when they handed the money over and he quickly made a grab for it. Erza refused to pay him the full amount, saying half before and half after the ship was built would be a fine way of payment.

Tim reluctantly agreed but seemed happy enough to get so many workers to help build the ship, or maybe it was just because he had just come into possession of a fortune. Natsu spoke of specifics that he would need, obviously he wanted a larger ship, men's quarters, women's quarters and his own. A kitchen, two separate bathrooms, one in the girl's quarters. The women's quarters was going to be a lot larger than before, which Lucy was grateful for, especially if they got more female companions in the crew. She hoped they would, Erza was nice but sometimes Lucy felt like Erza was one of the guys more than a fellow female. Lucy really liked her but she wanted someone who she could more easily relate to, Wendy was still so young and Lucy would be dammed if she started talking seriously to cats on a regular basis.

Once the actual crew got there they started up the ship immediately, using Tim's equipment to start with the frame. Tim had a large basement, as it was now it was rather empty but a few large piles of different types of wood.

Erza downright refused to pay him 30 million if he didn't use the best wood he had. She searched the basement with him, finding a reserve of his best wood. Tim seemed reluctant to let it go but he caved in when Erza gave him the stink eye. Erza's glare could pretty much convince anyone. The crew used their leftover reserves to rent out rooms at a hotel nearby, the girl's had their own room of course. It was a small hotel but seemed rather homey.

"So Tim has only lived in this town for about a year? And his prices have always been ridiculous?" Lucy asked, tightening the towel around her as she walked out of the bathroom.

"Yes, the Shipeaters have appeared about 9 months ago and since they appeared his prices have gone up," Erza commented, lifting the sheets for her bed and crawling in.

"Not many people in this town like Tim do they?" Wendy's voice came from another bed in the room.

"Well of course not. The way he is overpricing everything is disrespectful." Charla stated, curling up in the bed with Wendy. "His prices take business away from other stores. Not to mention if people get word there are Shipeaters around here they won't come close to this island."

"He seems like a bad guy most of the time but even though he's kind of a jerk and it ripping us off big time sometimes I catch this look in his eyes. He looks...sad." Lucy pulled on her pajamas.

"Or maybe he is looking for sympathy as well, so you don't feel so bad for giving him millions. You and Natsu are going around town tomorrow to try and dig up stuff about him right?" Erza sat up a bit and clicked off her lamp. A few of them had heard about the 'optional quest' from Ratchin and they had pooled together all the information they had gathered the other day when they were separated. "I am to stay and direct the shipbuilding, I would like Wendy there just in case something goes wrong. We need our doctor." Erza smiled down at the small girl. "I'm sure Natsu could defend you if something goes array."