Trouble In Paradise

He stared out at the sea, grim lips set in a firm line.

"Sir. There has been a report of a pirate ship approaching Ilenia Island."

"Then we will set sail. Get me contact with Lord Akagi, it may be time we retire our project after one last little observation."

The younger man set off on this order and the other stared out towards the sea again. The firm line cracking into a menacing smile.

Working under Lord Akagi was a wonderful thing.

A few days on sea is enough for anyone to just want to get back on land. The rocking of the ship is nice once you got used to it but Lucy did feel a bit more comfort on the land so when an island came into view, she was a bit more excited. That and Natsu had been making her practice sword fighting relentlessly and she could use a day off, her limbs were heavier than usual but she was beginning to feel more confident with a sword. Though she'd always carry a concealed pistol, she was already talented with that. Either way, she was stoked to see the new island as they pulled up.

This time it was inhabited place, and this time not with angry little owls. Lucy had decided she would try to find information today on the key that Ratchin had given her, safely tucked away under her pillow. She'd have to be subtle about it however, in case it did have some kind of magical origin, which for some reason Lucy felt it did. It didn't feel normal at least when she held it but no one else on board seemed to know what it was for. So today maybe she could go and find a library. It was a slim chance that they'd have anything about it but she figured it was worth a shot. As they pulled up to the busy port she couldn't help but take in the appearance of the island, it was beautiful with quite the vast landscape. Far down the coastline she could see a large river flowing back into the ocean no doubt draining from the large snow capped mountain that sat in the middle of the island.

Yeah, it was huge but the town seemed quaint, nestled in a clearing near the water's edge and spreading up a mountain a bit as it certain places showed small plateau's here and there to allow flat surfaces for housing. The mountain continued on and she felt it loomed over the town and it gave her a bit of an uneasy feeling. Though it was a bright sunny day and Lucy was feeling refreshed so as soon as they stopped moving she was inkling towards the side of the boat trying to get off.

As soon as she approached the side however someone stopped her from clambering down the wooden walkway they just propped up. Not just someone. The Captain.

"Where are you going?" Natsu asked, seemingly innocently enough.

"To explore?" She was allowed wasn't she?

"Bring someone with you, it's not safe to wander around alone."

Lucy pouted at the momentary disruption in her plans.

"I'm just going to the library." It seemed like everyone else had their plans for the day and she didn't really want to ruin anyone else's day by making them tag along. She was pretty sure that no one else wanted to spend their day in a library, most of the crew were more along the lines of party animals.

Seeming to read her thoughts he spoke up.

"I'll go wi-"

"Natsu, Gray is beginning to argue with a man on shore about the docking dues. Also Laxus needs to talk to you regarding the engine. I have to discuss the budget with you also..." Erza said, not noticing her interruption as she read off a makeshift list she had made.

Erza missed the quick disappointed look that flashed across Natsu's face before she looked up but for once Lucy caught it. Before she could think much on it Gajeel was stepping up.