A Trip To The Doctors

It was worse than before. Lucy could tell as soon as she woke up. Her stomach ached and her heartbeat could be felt in her swollen hand. At least she wasn't wet anymore that was a nice touch...in fact, she was toasty warm. Her groggy mind slowly began to register she was waking up and her eyes slid open.

Oh, that was why, Natsu had his arms wrapped around her in bed.

Yep. Nothing wrong with that.

Nothing at all.

Click.

She slammed her hands against his chest, instantly regretting the idea as her hand throbbed and the force she used pushed both of them off either side of the bed. Lucy couldn't imagine it felt nice on his chest either. She toppled over the opposite side of the bed onto the floor hearing a thud as Natsu and her hit the ground.

Okay probably not the nicest way to wake the guy up but he couldn't just invade her personal space like that when she's unconscious. That was practically rape...even if he was just trying to warm her up.

Alright, she was a jerk for doing that but it was an honest reaction on her part...

"...Ow..." She heard a small groan coming from the Captain. "Good morning to you too..."

She chuckled at his sarcasm and moved into a more comfortable position on the floor; she didn't have the strength to get up right now.

"Hey, you guys awake? We are ready when you are to leave." It was Gray's voice this time.

"Oh, are we there?" Lucy asked Natsu, who had stood and nodded towards her. He looked like hell still, Lucy had managed to stay asleep through the night but he looked like he hadn't slept at all.

"Yeah, it's time for us to go get better." With that, he extended a hand down and she gratefully took it. For a moment she swayed on her feet but it was hopefully only a bit more, she could use the last of her strength to get there it couldn't be far.

"Alright let's go!" He said loud enough so Gray could hear. He put his toque on, which Lucy stared at for a few moments. That must be hell right now, to wear a black toque when his temperature is that high, just to protect his identity? Natsu motioned for her to walk staying close to Lucy, they finally left the room and out into the sun.

Instantly Lucy felt her energy leave her, it was so hot outside it literally took her breath away. She could see the same reaction in Natsu, his eyes squinted in the sun. There was a small group waiting outside for them, only Erza, Gray, Gajeel and Happy.

Lucy wasn't sure why the cat was coming but...everyone seemed to accept it. Gajeel nodded towards the side of the ship, they had set up a large ramp so they could walk down instead of taking the ladder. Lucy almost shed a tear of gratitude.

"The plan is to find the doctor, get you guys fixed up and still have some reserve of money by the end of it all. That may be impossible but we deal with impossible all the time. Let's go." Erza stated, signaling Natsu and herself to go down the ramp first. "Try to make it all the way there, don't strain yourself too much. If one of you faints then the other will have to carry you, we cannot help you this time."

Natsu nodded and Lucy followed suit. If Natsu fainted she'd be screwed! At least if she did then it wouldn't be that hard for him to carry her. Shivering at the thought Lucy didn't pick up her feet and ended up stubbing her toes on the wood. She stumbled but only for a short period of time before Natsu's hand grabbed her arm and steadied her.

"Walk carefully." Was all he said, still not letting her arm go. They reached the bottom without any more problems and waited as the others made their way down, hauling a big chest Lucy could only assume was full of money.