Chapter 24

Just thought it would suit the chapter ^^^

(Y/n's POV)

Our score skyrocketed, the cheers slowly becoming a cacophony. The first part was done as Rufus and I also parted ways with a small 'good luck'. We had struck first, now it was their turn to attack. At the end, this is only a vicious cycle where everyone at least once plays the role of the victim. Even me. You know what, Lucy would have loved this. She always victimizes herself, especially when I was involved.

I ran until I reached another building, this time a red coloured structure, the imposing building being the oldest architectural representation of Crocus. Once I had safely landed on the roof, I felt a magic energy but not one of a mage. It seems like it was my lucky day if I would be facing a D-class monster. Sure this replica of the City was full of monsters but D-class monsters are the most powerful creatures that the Magic Council could have made and thus they were rare. I slowly scanned the building for another entrance than the door as the monster would probably be guarding it when I saw a small hole in the roof. I made my way up to it and squatted down to get a better idea of what was happening inside and sure enough, it was there, standing at the door, patiently waiting for his opponent to arrive.

I jumped in the hole, swiftly landing on my boots with no sound. But the monsters had heightened senses. It had turned to me almost as immediately as my feet had touched the ground. That is when I got a proper look at it -and it seriously wasn't pleasant at all, I assure you- : It was gigantic. Its head was nearly touching the underside of the roof and it had two pairs of arms, each one holding a weapon as well as two pairs of feet, but that was not the least. It was slimy green in color and its eyes.... Let's just say that it had many of them. From head to toe, it was covered in different size of eyes, all simultaneously opening and closing, making it seem creepy, very creepy. They had the same reaction, at the same time. If one eye threw a narrow glare at me, then the others did.

At this point, the monster will be thought invincible but it was not. The Magic Council had created it and they would never do something they are not able to overpower. So as a result, this monster had a weakness, a very ironic weakness. It had a very acute
vision, which meant that it couldn't see well, despite its numerous eyes.

The only way to kill it was the closed eye on his forehead. It never opened and had a slightly darker shade than the rest of its body, that is why no one had particularly noticed it. But sadly for it, I had. Now, back to reality. It charged full force at me, its lower right arm thrusted forward with a sword.

Summoning again one of my twin katanas, like in the morning when fighting Obsidian, I completely blocked its attack, the impact causing a great shockwave which sent the whole building collapsing down. If there was something Mr. Pumpkin had forgotten to mention, it was that we get points for each slaughtered monster. And the more difficult it is to beat, the more points we get. This one was 50 points. And it is mine.

(Jura's POV) I bet you didn't expect this.

A very loud crash was heard and an eruption of dust particles was seen. From where I was, nothing was clear so my eyes started looking for the lacrima screen that was bound to show what was happening. Was it a fight between mages or between a mage and a monster? I wondered and glanced at Lyon who would soon be running out of magic energy and if he wasn't able to replenish it, then he is gone. Why were we this exhausted? We had just had a pretty encounter with a D-class monster. We had managed to defeat it at the cost of our magic energy and support from two more guilds as they are rumored to be more powerful than some of the wizard saints and I don't need to confront another one in order to confirm it. There are two of them. One which uses normal magic and combat techniques while the other one uses black magic and several more skills. I pity the one who will be  facing it.