Chapter 4

Isen appeared in my room when I was in the room with only Alexandria. His whole body was still tense, but he didn't act as mad as he was beforehand, probably because we were alone in a private place that Carter didn't come in yet. His gray eyes were trained on me while he watched me unpack the few belongings that I had brought with me because I still didn't own that much... stuff.

"I thought you wanted me to contact you after I was settled," I said, finally breaking the peaceful silence between us. I turned to look at him and noticed that he had something in his hands and was feeding it to my daughter.

Isen shrugged. "I couldn't stay away," he said, popping what looked like a berry in his mouth. He handed one to Alexandria and smiled, innocently, when he caught my scowl. "It's not poisonous to her, Mama Wolf," he teased. "It's not even poisonous for you, even though you had stopped taking my blood."

I rolled my eyes and turned back to my work. "What is it then?" I asked after I was done with my unpacking, grateful that Sam decided to take over Alexandria's room, even though he didn't have to with the help of... Carter. I turned towards the Dryad and raised an eyebrow, watching my daughter munch on them.

"Elden berries," he replied. He held out some for me, and I raised the eyebrow further in question. He moved his hand around and offered me a small smile, making sure that my daughter couldn't grab them. "They are delicious berries and help protect against other magic users, especially against other Dryads."

"More," my daughter complained, trying to get them out of his hand. "More Uncle Isen."

"No," he replied, glancing at her. "Not with the way asked me." He scowled teasingly, and Alexandria pouted. "So ask nicely as your mother had taught you."

I rolled my eyes and smiled tiredly, glad that Isen was someone who "followed" the teachings that I tried to teach my daughter in front of me. I knew that he didn't follow my rules when he was alone with her, but I understood because she had him wrapped around his little finger ever since she had been born.

Alexandria pouted further and cocked her head. Her eyes were filled with "tears" while she stared at the Dryad with a puppy look that made him melt like butter. "Pwease, Uncle Isen?" she said in the baby voice she had inherited when she talked to him. "Can I have some more berries, pwease?"

"Of course," he said, holding out the handful to her. He turned his gaze towards me and glared when he noticed me biting back a laugh. "Not a word," he warned, and I snorted and rolled my eyes. "Someone should spoil her."

I folded my arms across my chest and gave him a pointed look, and he squirmed underneath my hard gaze. "And you don't think that I don't spoil my daughter?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "Are you sure?"

He gulped and didn't say a word.

"Ooooh, Uncle Isen in twouble," my daughter said, and I turned my gaze to her. She grinned and cocked her head, staring at me with eyes of gray. An innocent smile appeared on her lips, and all I did was roll my eyes and smile before I shook my head.

"He isn't in trouble, yet, Alexandria," I said. "But the day is still young, and I am sure that he will get in trouble with me soon." I winked at the Dryad, and he rolled his eyes.

"If this is what I get for saving your life, then I will never save your life again," he scowled, pouting. He held out his hand filled with more berries. "But, do you want a berry?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

I huffed and stood before I walked over to him. "I thought you said you weren't going to save my life ever again, Isen," I said. I took the berries from him, muttering my thanks, and raised an eyebrow. "Isn't this counted as saving my life?"

Isen shrugged. "I dunno," he replied. "Just don't go searching for any Dryads and make it work." He winked when I rolled my eyes.

"I am already stuck with two Dryads, Isen," I replied, bitterly. "I do not think I can handle any more."

He scoffed, teasingly, and rolled his eyes. "Just shut up and eat the damn berries," he said. "And leave me alone while I am with your daughter, spoiling her with my attention like a good uncle." He closed his eyes and stuck his tongue, and I shook my head and rolled my eyes at his childish behavior.

I didn't reply and popped a berry in my mouth before I closed my eyes, in a sense of euphoria. It tasted so good and somewhat different from the other berries I had, not too sweet or sour but just somewhere in between with a sense of tanginess that blueberries had. I understood why Alexandria loved them because she was a fan of blueberries.

"Well?" the male asked, and I opened my eyes to see that he had a raised eyebrow. A smirk was on his face, and I knew that he was glad that I enjoyed the berries he had given me. "Do you enjoy it?"

I didn't reply and stuffed another one in my mouth. I had a feeling that stuffing more than one would be bad, so against my free will, I ate them one at a time until my hand was empty. I held it out and mocked pouted while I cocked my head. "Pwease, Uncle Isen," I said, sounding like a child and earning an eye roll from the male himself. "Can I have some more berries, pwease?"

He narrowed his eyes and stared at me with a hard glare that I only raised my eyebrow to his expression. Isen studied me with eyes that changed from gray to blue because he was relaxed and wasn't as angry as before. He didn't say a word while he studied me, and I kept my position.

I held my hand higher and pouted my lip further. I wanted to laugh at his expression and the fact that Alexandria turned her head between the two of us, watching us as if we were in a tennis match while she munched on some of the berries in the small baggie beside them. "Pwease?" I asked, making my voice a little higher than normal. I blinked as if I was going to cry because he made no move to put the berries in my hand. "Can I have some more?"

"Get your own damn berries," he replied. He gestured to my daughter. "These are for the kid."