CHAPTER 14 - First Fight

Bullet nudged Namee and tilted his head towards Dara, who is blankly staring at her food while they were discussing about the rumor that tainted Namee's name. They were at the cafeteria having lunch and Dara has been unusually quiet the entire time. Namee looked at her and shrugged her shoulders at Bullet.

"How many relationships have you two had?" She asked out of the blue.

"What?" Bullet and Namee exclaimed in unison, unsure if they heard her right. Dara lifted her gaze and stared at the two. "Bullet, how many ex-girlfriends do you have?"

Bullet chuckled as he rested his elbow on the table. "You're that interested in me, munchkin?" But Dara continued staring at him without uttering a word. "Four or five, I think. Nothing serious. We just, you know..." His voice trailed off.

"Just what?"

Bullet cleared his throat and glanced at Namee with pleading eyes. "I've only had one boyfriend, and it's really nothing much. The guy is a wimp", Namee said, directing the attention to her. "And may I ask why you're suddenly interested with our love life?"

"Nothing", Dara mumbled as she casted her gaze downwards. The two looked at each other knowingly. "It must be Jiro", Namee guessed.

"Munchkin, if you want a boyfriend, I'm here! Tell me what you want me to do. I'll even pick the stars for you, cross the mountains, swim through the ocean", Bullet said while gesturing wildly with his hands.

"I can't believe he had a relationship before", Dara said weakly, ignoring Bullet's antics. Namee gasped and leaned towards her, "He does?"

"I can't believe you girls actually thought he didn't have one before", Bullet shook his head at them.

"It's Takizawa, isn't it?" Namee asked.

"Yes."

"Oh my gosh", Namee exclaimed. "What did I tell you, huh? I told you that girl is bad news. No wonder she's attaching herself to Ice Lord. You have got to start your move, Dara."

"Hey! You're supposed to be on my side", Bullet complained and poked Namee by the shoulder. "Stop pushing Dara to that bloke of ice."

"But Dara likes Jiro."

"I didn't say that!" Dara protested.

Sighing heavily, Bullet rested his chin on his palm and looked at the two. "What's the deal if Takizawa is Montecillo's ex?"

"That means she has a bigger chance!" Namee replied and continued explaining the quantum physics inside every girl's mind that had Bullet rolling his eyes.

Dara remained silent, not quite listening to the two. After she found out about Riko and Jiro, everything was never the same. It's as if there was a heavy weight on her shoulders that makes moving difficult. No wonder Jiro has no qualms when Riko kissed him at the Black Dragon's turf. No wonder he acts that way towards Riko. Dara breathed deeply, trying to ignore the seething pain in her chest.