CHAPTER 12 - A Confusing Night

Dara’s POV

He walked me home with his arm wrapped around me. I smiled giddily and buried my face on my pillow to muffle my squeals while kicking my legs like a kid. I’ve been repeating that scene in my head and I still feel giddy every single time I picture it. He is just so…manly. *Sigh* I love staring at his face; I love the sexy drawl in his voice and every little movement he makes. I want to see him now.

I rolled on my back and stared at the ceiling of my room. Then, my eyes settled on my mobile phone by the bedside table. Should I text him? But what will I say?

Grabbing my phone, I fiddled with the keyboard, not knowing what to do. I opened and closed the apps, hoping that it will somehow give me courage to actually text him or to distract me from texting him. Okay, I shouldn’t text him. That would be too weird.

But Jiro said I should contact him if I need anything…and I need to see him now. Urgh! Of course, I can’t possibly tell him that. I’ve done mortifying things like attempting to kiss him when I was drunk and I don’t want my list to get any longer.

Sighing heavily, I keyed in his name at the recipient textbox and typed ‘I need to see you, Jiro. Can you come to my house?’ I stared at the blinking cursor for a while, wondering how Jiro will react if I really send the text. I can already imagine his frown while reading it. Almost immediately, a smile crept on my lips. He looks intimidating whenever he furrows his eyebrows but even that, I find endearing.

He will probably text back to ask what’s wrong and I will probably flip out because obviously, texting him those words is totally embarrassing. What if I actually send this text? Ha ha, that would be so NOT funny.

I shifted on my side and as I began pushing the delete button, the screen of my phone rotated when I angled it slightly which got me disoriented. Seriously, smart phones. I lazily tilted it again in a vertical position and continued what I was doing, pushing the send butt-…the send button? Oh no! Did I-…. OH MY GOD! No no no! Delete delete delete! Back back! Nooo!! Don’t send, please don’t send! Oh God. How do I unsend a text? How?!

‘I need to see you, Jiro.’

Oh noo! ARGH! I was only able to delete the last sentence! Why does this have to happen to me?!

I sat up and crossed my legs, biting my fingernails nervously while my brain is literally frying itself to come up with an excuse. What if I just tell him that the message is not originally for him? Yep, I’ll deny it! Deny it? But I placed his name on the message! Oh God, can a text be partially sent? Please let the last four letters disappear!

Quit panicking! Okay, calm down self. Breathe. He will not see the text. He will not see the text. By the power of the universe, it will not be sent. GAHHHHHHHH!! WHAT SHOULD I DO?!

Did he read it? Why is he not replying? Is he purposely not texting back to make me lose my mind? OMG, he’s probably thinking I have a crush on him. It’s true but HE’S NOT SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT!

I exhaled audibly and stared at my phone, waiting for his reply that I’m surely going to receive in 5, 4, 3, 2…Why is he not texting? Did he find it weird? Or gross? Oh my gosh, am I gross? *Gasp!* What if he’s on his way here?