True 6

Books littered the floor around me as I sat in the middle of the room I had established as my library. In my right hand I held a book, and beside me was a lamp pointing at said book.

I let out a yawn and rubbed one eye, but that didn't stop me reading. My eyes darted back at forth as I analysed the pages.

"No, this isn't right," I muttered, grabbing a notebook that sat in front of me. I started to scribble notes in it, adding to the pages upon pages I had written in it previously, and then turned back to the book I was reading.

"The second level of the Katanashi Kekkei Genkai can allow a person to send chakra a considerable distance. The further recorded distance was 300 kilometres, though this was only through solid objects. Rain can be used to spread the distance, some believe up to three times the distance," I read aloud.

I set the books down and closed my eyes. Focusing my chakra and clearing my mind, I sent a chakra pulse into the floor. It allowed me to feel everything in a twenty meter radius. I could feel - well, see - the entire house, all the objects in it, Kakashi cooking in the kitchen, everything. I could feel the heart beats coming from the koi in the pond, the swinging of the trees in the wind.

I opened my eyes and let the chakra pulse dissolve. Feeling everything like that, it was overwhelming. When I looked down at my hands, they were shaking slightly.

I picked up my grabbed my notebook once more, and wrote a clear message in it. Research how to focus and clarify second level. Currently experiencing sensory overload problems when extending distance more than ten meters. Research how to single out chakra signals.

I put everything down and stood up. Stepping over and around piles of books, I made my way out of the room, closing the door behind me.

"Hey," Kakashi's voice appeared beside me and I jumped in surprise. My eyes darted over to him, wide and alert.

"H-hey," I said, smiling weakly.

"What's wrong?" he asked, walking over quickly.

"Experimenting with my abilities again.... Sensory overload problems," I said, giving him a weak smile.

"You've only been back a week, you need to take it easy," he said, concern in his voice.

"I know. It's just hard to learn something on your own that your family is supposed to help teach you. Now all I have is shelves upon shelves of books and unanswered questions," I said, looking down with a sigh.

Kakashi reached out and pulled me close, letting me rest my head against his shoulder.

"You'll be able to work it out. You need to take your time though," he said, rubbing my back.

"Sorry, with Miyu and everything, it's hard to sit back and do nothing," I said, wrapping my arms around him.

"Well, let's call it quit for tonight. Dinner is almost done," he said, stepping away. I nodded, and walked with him back to the kitchen.

"What day of the week is it?" I asked, sitting on a clear part of the counter as he walked over to what was cooking on the stove.

"It's Friday. You've spent too much time in that room," he said, shaking his head slightly.

"I'm know... I'm sorry," I said. He walked over and stood in front of me. I felt his hand slide under my chin and raise my head so I'd look at him.

"You don't need to apologise," he said, and gave me a quick peck on the lips. It brought a smile to my face.

"You know you don't have to wear your mask here, right?" I said.

"It's habit more than anything," he said with a chuckle. Pulling his mask down, he gave me another quick kiss.