Epilogue

Miyu was dead. Orochimaru and his henchmen moved away from Konoha. The threat was removed.

The Jonin seemed happy that their village had been saved. That is, apart from those who personally knew Hikari.

Gai and Asuma had to forcefully drag Kakashi back to the village, he was prepared to search the whole world for his missing girlfriend. When Kurenai had arrived at the scene and learned of Hikari's kidnapping, she broke down in tears. They had become almost like sisters in some ways. Anko had to help her walk home.

Nothing seemed to be the same. Hikari's classmates were devastated when they heard the news. Kakashi seemed to shut down for a while.

To most of the village, the whole thing was unknown. The village continued on, praising Tsunade on how she had handled the threat before it became a problem.

Said woman was upset about it all though. Hikari had survived, but she hadn't made it back. Kakashi hadn't even managed to fight the Akatsuki member for her. The unknown criminal simply disappeared into the ground, taking the blonde with him.

She passed Hikari's wishes onto the broken Kakashi, are tried to plant seeds of hope in his chest. The Akatsuki had tried to recruit her, so it was likely she was still alive. But that didn't seem like enough to help Kakashi or the others who cared about Hikari.

The days turned into weeks, then months, and then years. Over the two years following, everyone found their own ways to cope. Kakashi seemed to close off for a while, but with the help of his friends, he picked up his life as much as he could, living in her old home to look after her things like she had requested.

There was no sign of the girl, no sighting of someone that could be her. It almost seemed as if she had never been there. The only things left behind were the holes in people's hearts, and the place Kakashi now called home.

*#*#*#*

"Get up."

"Let me out. Then we'll both get what we want."

"She's still got a lot of spunk for being a prisoner this long."

"I could beat your head into the ground if you unchained me."

"I don't doubt it. But let's not risk it."

"Fuck you."

"Get up."

"Fuck you too."

"Ooo now you've made him mad."

"And I have no fucks to give. It's not like he'll kill me."

"You're not wrong."

"I know I'm not- Ow! Let go asshole!"

Kisame chuckled at the sassy comments the blonde made, and watched his teammate drag the blonde along the ground by her hair.

"I'll fucking murder you assholes!"

"So what are we doing with her?" Kisame asked, as if the girl wasn't screaming profanities at them.

"She hasn't given up, so we're moving her to the smallest cell. Leader-sama wants me to use Tsukuyomi as mental torture," Itachi said, facing ahead.

"You know I can hear you fuckers right?"

"She swears like Hidan," Kisame chuckled.

"She won't when she's broken," Itachi said.

"You think you can break me? Try again! I'll get out and drive your whole fucking organisation into the ground! I will make your pathetic lives hell until you're begging me to kill you!"

"I wish you'd just give in. You'd be some much fun to hang out with," Kisame said, angry red eyes meeting his as he glanced back at her.

"I will cut your dick off and feed it to you. Maybe I'll make sushi out of it first," she hissed.

"You'll be able to break her?" he asked his emotionless companion.

"It's never failed before," Itachi responded.

A chorus of swearwords could be heard all throughout the Akatsuki's base. But all at once, they stopped. Leaving her in the genjutsu, Itachi and Kisame left the girl in a small cell.

*#*#*#*

The days had blurred together. Between the time in the genjutsu and the darkness of the cell, Hikari lost track of how long she had been there.

She couldn't count how many times she had watched the people she loved show up to save her, just to die, all because of the genjutsus. Telling the genjutsu and reality apart became so difficult that she simply wrote anything that sparked hope off as fake.

She lost all sense of hope, accepting her life of mental torture. But that never changed her answer when they requested she join them.

With what mental strength she had left, Hikari swore to never bow to them. She would swear, fight, and resist them as long as she still breathed.

Even if it meant her death. She'd laid down her life before, and she would do it again.

That's all for this book guys! There is a sequel, so if you've somehow read this whole thing, it isn't over! Thank you so much for reading my story, I hope you loved it!