The Final Chapter

I think it's pretty crazy how time seems to go unbelievably slowly when you wish the day would just end or the hours would speed up, but when you really just want time to stop and stay consumed in a moment for just a little while longer, you'll find that time decides to sneak up on you and steal you're favourite moments away, almost as if it's tormenting you....as if it doesn't want the happiness to last.

At least that's how it was in my case.

~~~~~~

(Ashley's p.o.v)

"You sure you don't want anything?"

"No Luke i'm fine. Seriously how can you even eat a burger this early in the morning? Won't you be sick on the flight?"

He just shrugged "Probably. But i'm hungry now."

"You're always hungry." I laughed, shaking my head at him. He pulled out his phone on receiving a call from his mum and held it to his ear, just as i decided to take mine out and snap a picture of him.

"Smile loser." I whispered and he turned to look at me with this weirdly adorable pout.

I actually thought that was one of the cutest pictures i had of him and so it instantly became my newest lock screen. I stayed quiet as he talked to his mum and i'm pretty sure she was against Luke eating a full meal this early in the morning, but still he protested and seemed to get his own way.

"You're mum agrees with me." I smiled, putting my phone down on the table beside me.

He shrugged "I'm still eating." He said, picking up a chip and tossing it into his mouth as i shook my head at him.

*

*

*

A short while after, since there was still quite a few hours left before Luke was leaving, we opted out to playing in the airport arcades which only had a few games, one of them being guitar hero which we both agreed to play.

I was pretty bad at it compared to Luke and chose the easiest level with one of the easiest songs 'hit me with your best shot'. Of course i was the one struggling and eventually resorted to pressing any colour on the guitar, not caring if it was the correct one or not, whilst Luke started showing off and tapping his foot along to the beat.

"Show off." I mumbled to which he just smirked.

"This is unfair, you've played this loads of times." I said after the song had ended and Luke was announced as the winner.

"How do you know?"

"Because you're good at it." I admitted, hanging the guitar on the stand as Luke did the same.

"Maybe you're just really really bad at it." He joked to which i rolled my eyes and laughed.

"Maybe...but i know something i'm better at than you are." I smiled.

"What?"

"That." I said, pointing to the dancing stage machine. He chuckled and looked at me as i looked up at him.

"It's on like donkey kong." He smirked, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Who says that?" I laughed shaking my head at him.

"Like..everyone."

"Everyone named Luke Hemmings." I sarcastically replied, taking his hand and dragging him along with me over to the machine.