Chapter 45

RECAP:

"Will you just...just promise me you'll tell me if somethings bothering you okay" she whispered, running her arms up my chest and securing them around my neck. All i did was stare back into her eyes that were looking for answers.

In that moment i knew i should've just said it, i should've just come clean and told her the truth because i would be here to help her deal with it.

"I promise."

But i just couldn't.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke's p.o.v.

Another two weeks later and she still knew nothing. How could i have let it go on for this long without her knowing. What am i supposed to do when the time comes..what do i say then? I can't let it go that far.

With today being Saturday i decided to head back to football after ditching it for a while, to get myself together and sort things out with my mum, but now i figured i may as well make the most of it. Plus it was an excuse for me to not have to face Ashley all over again knowing that i've been lying to her for almost two months now.

I changed into my shorts and tee before jogging to the field where Nick and all the other boys were waiting. The cheerleaders were still on the benches, shivering in the cold wearing hardly anything at all but still somehow managing to fake a smile.

"Ready mate?" Nick asked, nudging my shoulder.

"Yeah." I nodded, before heading to my position as a defender.

~~

"That is what i'm talking about." Jamie cheered, hi-fiving the rest of out team consisting of me, Nick, Dalton, Brent and Stan. After a successful win we all sat down on the benches for a drink and a cool down.

"You guys were so great." Sarah piped up, standing in front of us along with Claire and Beth. I smiled up at them and turned my attention elsewhere seeing as i had an almost perfect view up their skirts.

"Thanks babe." Nick winked, smacking her bum and making her squeal a little melodramatically.

"Listen guys, were gonna head to Kiran's house for a while her parents aren't home again, so do you guys wanna join us?" Claire asked, twirling a piece of her red hair between her fingers observing us all.

"Hell you know i'm in."

"Why not."

"I've got time."

"Lets have some fun."

"Awesome." She cheered. "Luke?"

"Dude." Dalton nudged my shoulder, snapping me out of my current daydreaming state.

"What?"

"You coming over to Kiran's or what?"

"Nah man." I sighed, rubbing my hands along my face mentally debating with myself on what to do about Ashley.

I figured Nick knew something was up because he told the others to go on whilst he stayed behind with me along with Sarah who decided to stay with him but sat on the bench behind us, texting away on her phone, giving us what she may have defined as some privacy.

"What's up man?" he asked, furrowing his eyebrows at me as i shook my head.

"Nothing."

"Sure doesn't seem like nothing. What have you and Ashley broke up or something?" He released a light chuckle, pulling put his phone to check the time before slipping it back into the pocket if his grey adidas shorts.