Chapter 38

1 Month Later

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ashley's p.o.v.

Things hadn't changed as much as i feared they would, but they still managed to change.Luke and I were still together of course, but we just weren't as close in school anymore. He seemed agitated a lot and every time i wanted to make out with him he would just give me a quick peck and start a new conversation, making me wander if he liked being with me.

Then i heard from Kat who overheard Sarah who apparently heard from Nick that Luke and his mum weren't getting along so well anymore. Apparently she hadn't managed to get a job as a full time teacher and was now being demoted to a substitute in many different schools. Living in London you know that you never get the same sub more than twice, clearly proving that there were too many substitute teachers.

So when Luke walked me home the other day I had confronted him about it , straight out i just told him i knew. He seemed a little mad at first but then relieved a few moments later. I asked him exactly why him and his mum had moved down to London, fearing that they may end up leaving if his mum wouldn't get a full time job working in a school. He 'said' they moved to London for a fresh start and I decided to believe him, but when i explained it to the girls at school the next day they didn't seem so convinced.

So i was troubled, torn in fact. Unaware of what to do in this situation. I knew Luke was neglecting to tell me something, i was just too curious of what that something was. I had asked if he wanted to go over to his place after school for many days but he always came up with a random excuse to stop me.

I guess you could say that it was pretty rebellious of me when i decided to sneak into Luke's house the following Saturday whilst he was at football. His mum was home doing some paperwork and i simply told her i needed to collect some things for our project. Typical excuse but it did work. His mum allowed me access and stayed downstairs whilst i made my way up into his room.

I didn't need to guess which room his was because of the big sign that said 'keep out'. It was the first time i had ever been in Luke's room before, the last time i came to his house was when the boys were over but i stayed downstairs.

I turned the doorknob and pushed the door open slowly, taking a few steps inside the atmosphere. His room was actually pretty cool, band posters were scattered on the smallest wall to the right, blink 182, mayday parade, sleeping with sirens. A few posters were also of weird and random things; Pokemon, superheroes, adventure time.

A brown wooden dresser was located near the bed on the opposite side of the room, on top of it was a couple of pictures of Luke with different people. I walked over to the dresser to get a closer look. I picked up the first one of him and the other boys, all pulling the goofiest faces on a beach, it looked really cute actually, Luke looked really happy. There was another, of him with two older looking men. They were stood together in a line, him in the middle as they all shared the same smile. They all shared a lot of things actually.

The same blonde hair.

The same blue eyes.

The one to the right even had the same nose, i mean if i didn't know any better i would easily say that he was Luke's......

Brother.

No way. He would tell me if he had brothers, he wouldn't have kept that from me at all, would he?
But why? Why would he possibly want to keep that from me.

Putting the picture back down in its place i bolted of his room, rushing downstairs to be met by his mum in the hallway.

"Find what your looking for?" She asked, shuffling the paperwork in her hands.