b o n u s 2: e l l a

"No way in hell am I naming my kid that," my husband told me for the tenth time that day

I scowled. "Why not? Daisy is an adorable name."

"I'm not naming my kid after a flower," Ace shook his head.

I raised an eyebrow. "Your wife is named Melrose,"

"And your name is beautiful. But I'm not changing my mind," Ace confirmed.

I frowned, but I wasn't really upset. I was only throwing out names that I had written down as possible choices. There were plenty others on my list. He had to at least love one of them.

"Then how about you throw out some names if you're so picky," I laid back on our bed, propped up on a bunch of pillows.

Ace reaches out and took my hand and then kissed my knuckles. "Alright. How about Danielle?"

"It's cute but I don't know. I can't see myself calling her that," I admitted.

He nodded. "Emma?"

"Too popular. I don't want 5 other Emma's in her classes with her." Okay. Maybe we were both pretty picky.

Ace sighed and plopped back on our bed. "Baaaaby, we've been going at this for weeks. And we're nowhere near close to finding her a name."

"I'm sorry! It's just one of the most important parts of this. I can't name her something I'm not 100% in love with," I sat up, with a little difficulty, being seven months pregnant.

Ace sat up with me and placed his hand on my belly. "What do you say, kid? What do you think your name should be?"

"Daisy!" I piped quietly, pretending to be the voice of the baby.

He shot me a glare. "Excuse me, I was talking to my daughter."

"She's in my stomach. She's talking through me," I smiled, knowing I wasn't convincing him of anything.

He squinted. "Not sure that's how it works, sweetheart. It would be cool though."

"You dork," I lightly smacked his arm, giggling. "Okay, what about Luna?"

He smiled. "I like Luna. I had a dog named Luna growing up."

"Nevermind then. I don't want you to look at our baby and think of a dog," I basically shuddered at the thought.

He rolled his eyes. "I wouldn't think that."

"Well we obviously aren't going to come up with a name right now. How about we go get dinner?" I suggested.

Ace laughed. "Baby names or food. That's all you think about, huh?"

"I will always be thinking about food. It's not my fault; I can't help it!" I pointed to my bump, blaming the baby.