07 | s p e c i a l r o s e

Meet me by your locker

Meet me by your locker. 3 pm

I stared at the note that had somehow been placed in the front of my binder. The boy was smart, I'd give him that. I had no fathomable idea on how he had pulled this off but, it was Ace. He could probably do anything and get away with it.

Like after his fight. Lilli informed me he had gotten a stern talking to and a warning. He beat a kid up and didn't even get in trouble. There had to be something wrong with this school.

The entire span of my next two classes were me, full of anxiety. I had given Ace today to make me forgive him. And I had a feeling he had something good planned.

When the bell rang at 2:55, I hopped up out of my seat and tried not to walk too fast to my locker across campus. I made it there at 3:01 and saw students around but no Ace.

I walked over to the locker and looked around but nothing. I sighed and opened it up to put away my books. Another scrap of paper was sitting atop of all my other things. Once again, I wasn't sure how he had accomplished this. I opened it up and saw another note.

Meet me where you get your favorite food.
Ps. Ice Cream is your favorite.

I scrunched my eyebrows close together in confusion. But then, I got it. Ace had taken me to get ice cream last Friday. So that's how I found myself jumping into my car as fast as I could and driving over to Ida's.

I parked in the almost empty lot and opened the door, the little bell ringing. I imagined that Ace would be sitting in the spot we had before, waiting for me. But he wasn't. I looked over at Ida and she smiled, beckoning me over.

"Pick a flavor honey. It's already been paid for," Ida told me.

What was Ace up to? I ordered mint chocolate chip and she handed it over along with a piece of paper. Another piece of paper. I laughed and sat down, already eating my ice cream.

The next place is somewhere we haven't been before. But I promise, you'll like it. 314 Pomeroy Rd.

I typed the address into my GPS and saw that it was a flower shop I had never visited before. I mean, it wasn't like I strolled through when I was bored. I smiled and drove my way there.

The shop was cute. It was small and painted blue. I went in, unsure of what to say or do. I had a feeling Ace wasn't here either.

"Looking for something miss?" The voice was small and sweet. I turned around a saw a little old lady and I smiled at her.

Did I tell her I was looking for Ace? I wasn't sure. "Um, was there a guy here earlier? Tall, brown hair, green eyes?"

"Melrose I take it?"

I barely had time to nod before she was off behind the counter. She pulled out a small bouquet of roses and handed them to me. Just as I expected, there was a note attached.