b o n u s: n e w y e a r s e v e

"Have you seen a tall man, light brown hair, green eyes, ye tall?" I shouted, going on my tiptoes to try and demonstrate my husband's height

"Have you seen a tall man, light brown hair, green eyes, ye tall?" I shouted, going on my tiptoes to try and demonstrate my husband's height. The random stranger looked at me as if I had grown my brain outside of my body and shook his head. "Nevermind," I sighed.

"What?!" They shouted back.

I shook my head and yelled, "Nothing!" They gave me one last weird look before they scattered away, probably off to tell their friends about the weird girl that tried to talk to them.

Me. That weird girl would be me.

I shrugged and started looking around again, trying to locate Ace who had left me standing with my best friend over half an hour ago to get us both drinks, even though I didn't really want one. And after Lilli started making out with Ryder, a funky combination those two were together, I know, I got curious as to the whereabouts of my husband.

I went into the foreign kitchen of a stranger's home, where most of the alcohol was placed but he wasn't there. I had knocked on bathroom doors and had been met with a few very awkward first greetings, but no Ace. I wasn't exactly worried about anything in particular, I was just lonely and now, thanks to him leaving me, bored.

My best friend was my favorite person to be around, when she wasn't making out with my husband's best friend. And it seemed like that was all that they did this winter since they came home for Christmas.

Imagine going over to your best friend's family home to welcome her back, only to find her half naked with the man you had seen throw up an entire box worth of pizza rolls, on top of her. I had shrieked, literally; but not in disgust or anger, with happiness.

I had been trying to get those two together since the summer before we left for college. Lilli had claimed that she didn't want to start anything right before moving across the country to New York and Ryder had told Ace that he didn't want a "strings attached" relationship. Now, over five years later, my plan was finally in the works.

They claimed that they were only friends with no strings type of deal, but that was complete bologna. Lilli Chen and Ryder Park were going to be together by the time Lilli went back home in New York in mid January. I would make sure of it.

But in order for that to happen, I needed to give the two of them alone time, to get to know each other again. That meant, I was alone on New Years Eve, looking through a large crowd for my disappearing act of a husband, ten minutes before the metaphorical ball dropped and all the kissing started.

I was not going to miss out on the chance to kiss Ace, even if I had done just that every single day for the past year and a half. I had this entire plan for the night; leave Lilli and Ryder alone so they could do what all new couples did, participate in an extensive amount of PDA: check.

And then go off somewhere quiet with my husband and kiss him at midnight and then tell him some news that would rock the start of the new year.

I was beginning to get frustrated when I realized I had been going in circles for almost twenty minutes, trying to find Ace. I took a seat on a couch and watched as people danced and drank and kissed their dates, or strangers. I checked my phone to see if I had missed any calls or texts, nada.