10 | l o v e r b o y

Ace Carter really wasn't that bad

Ace Carter really wasn't that bad. In a way, he was kind of perfect. Not perfect in the sense that everything about him was figured out and he had no flaws; but in a way that he was perfect as the guy he was.

I watched him as he let his brother tackle him to the ground outside. Ace had held a football above Noah's head, just enough to where he couldn't reach. Noah kept trying to pummel his older brother in the leg, stomach and back.

Noah pulled himself back and ran at Ace with as fast as he could and even I could tell he was going to try to knock him over. The idea of it was hilarious and impossible but Ace, being the good big brother he was, pretended to be surprised by his attack and fell to the grass on his back.

Noah sat on his check in victory and lifted his arms above his head and yelled, "I got him!"

Ace was laughing his head off, his perfect, white teeth showing. His grin was so wide, his eyes were squinted closed. He caught my eye and gave me a playful wink. I rolled my eyes, hoping to look somewhat annoyed with him; but he knew better.

In a quick motion, he had Noah over his shoulder, causing the little boy to shriek and slap Ace's back. But it only made Ace laugh harder as they made their way over to me. He set his little brother down and he immediately stuck his tongue out at him and ran away.

He leaned down and grasped both my wrists in his large hands and easily pulled me out of my seat. I groaned in fake anger and smacked his bicep when he let go. "What if I didn't want to get up?"

"That's not my problem," he smirked down at me which earned him another light smack.

He chuckled, the sound sending a small spark to my stomach. "What do you want?" I asked him as he began to pull me along beside him, his hand around my wrist once more.

"Dragging you up to my bedroom," he told me with no emotion.

I glanced over at him in alarm but my heart slowed when I saw the smirk still firmly planted on his face. "Shut up Ace."

"I was serious," he confessed, his eyebrows raised.

I huffed out a laugh and repeated the words I had told him once before. "You know Ace, not every girl wants to-"

My voice was cut off when he let go of my wrist and covered my mouth with it. "My mother is going to kill me if she hears that."

"Not my problem," I smirked, or what I hoped was a smirk.

Ace took on my signature move and rolled his eyes. "Chill out, I just wanted to show you something."

Yeah, but what?

At this point, I felt like Ace wouldn't try anything on me. He knew that I would seriously do some damage to him if he did. I followed him, willingly this time, up the stairs to his room. He opened the door that was all the way at the end of the hall and stepped in.